See all the latest videos and articles patriots need to watch and read at Discern.tv.
Mainline American churches long have been in decline. And there have been a number of actual civil wars among congregations and divisions that have resulted – often over social issues facing the nation such as the LGBT agenda.
Now the reasons, or results as you choose, are being seen: Only 20% of Americans see the Bible as the actual Word of God. A full 29% call it “fables” and “legends.”
The biggest portion, 49%, say it is “inspired” by God but it is NOT to be taken literally. The results of the Gallup polling say the 20% who believe the Bible actually is God’s Word is at a record low.
That’s down from 24% the last time the question was asked, in 2017, and about half what it was in 1980 and 1984.
This year marks when those claiming it’s “fables, legends, history and moral precepts recorded by man,” at 29%, is the “first time significantly more Americans have viewed the Bible as not divinely inspired than as the literal word of God.”
“Interpretation of the Bible, the holy Scripture of the Christian religion, has varied widely across time and across religious traditions. Gallup has been asking Americans specifically about their views on a literal interpretation of the Bible since 1976, with the latest update coming in Gallup’s May Values and Beliefs survey,” the pollster reported.
“The shift in attitudes about the Bible is not an isolated phenomenon. It comes even as a number of indicators show a decline in overall religiosity in the U.S. adult population. These measures include declines in formal identification with a religion, self-reported membership in a church, self-reported religious service attendance, personal importance of religion, and a decline in belief in God. Thus, it is not surprising to find that views on the nature of the Bible have shifted in a less religious direction as well.”
The report said the polling questions all segments of the U.S. adult population, meaning the numbers include those who identify with religions outside of Christianity.
Of those who call themselves Christian adults, 25% say the Bible is the actual Word of God, and 58% say it’s “inspired.” Remarkably, 16% of those who claim to be Christian say the Bible is a book of fables.
The report explained, “Thirty percent of Protestants say that the Bible is literally true, compared with 15% of Catholics. Almost two-thirds of Catholics choose the alternative that the Bible is the inspired word of God, but every word should not be taken literally.”
We’re LIVE and everything is on sale for a limited time! Whole Cows has launched offering freeze-dried beef for long-term storage. Don’t wait for food shortages to get worse. Stock up today. Use promo code “launch15” at checkout for 15% off!
“The issue of how to interpret the Bible has been a subject of debate since the first words of what became the Old Testament were written down centuries before the birth of Christ. In more recent years, various religious leaders and religious entities have staked out positions on the Bible that they claim define truth and that, in turn, have become an integral part of their religious positioning. The most prominent of these positions is the belief that the Bible is inerrant and must be viewed as literally true, a position adopted as part of the evangelical movement in this country over the past centuries and by a number of Protestant denominations,” the report said.
The report continued, “Americans’ interpretations of the Bible are important, because the Bible is often used as the basis for policy positions on moral and values issues, including such things as abortion and gay and lesbian relations.”
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
Covid variant BA.5 is spreading. It appears milder but much more contagious and evades natural immunity. Best to boost your immune system with new Z-Dtox and Z-Stack nutraceuticals from our dear friend, the late Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.
When people forsake God they imagine themselves as gods – deciding for themselves what is right and wrong. The result looks an awful lot like our broken society today.
AT LEAST WE KNOW 20% OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
WERE SMART ENOUGH NOT TO BE JABBED.
THE REST OF YOU, SIT DOWN AND SWALLOW THE TRUTH.
IN THE YEAR 2021, (VAXX YEAR) TOTAL DEATHS ROSE BY
40%, THOSE BEING IN THE 20-60 YEAR OLD RANGE AND
GUESS WHAT, ALL WERE JABBED…………………………………..
TO ALL WHO TOOK THE JAB……..R.I.P. SOONER THAN LATER…FOR YOU
There is reason to question the total accuracy of the books that have been gathered to be called the Holy Bible
1. Men made the decision on which ones went into it . Some made it some didn’t . Revelation just barely did .
2. Many of the books were written after the fact by people that did not witness the events .
3. The interviewed witness can give different accounts . IE the ones that were quoted what Jesus said as he died .
4. Jewish scholars .. some now say the book of Job is fictional for education purposes. 5. My Thesis … if free will is absolute _ as many say in christian community ( I do not share this ) but if it is . Then people writing the bible or translating it to other langues can make mistakes . Embellish the facts ( help God and that is shown in the book of people doing it ) or just plain lie to make it sound better . Remember it was not until I think the 1600’s that the word ” hell ” did not exist in the bible .
6. If God wanted to make things completely clear to men as time has went on and thoughts and language changes .
A. He would have done something to bring things clearer to mind .
B. He conceals things that could bring more clarity to mankind . IE He lies by omission . Like you do to your kids cause it’s easier or they can’t understand .
7. It is now know that 4 to 5 thousand words have been changed in the bible as time has went on . So what true messages have been altered ? Have this been done so to the point that it compounds to totally change a context ?
8. The Christian community at large has failed to uphold what they purport to be or espouse .
A. Unconditional love of Jesus . Yet if you don’t accept or question . You’re damned . So upon Judgment if you doubt like Tomas did . Jesus says F —— you and burn .
B . They have let the country decay and have done nothing much to help it .
a. 501c3 churches
b. Don’t get involved in government – ( persons and churches ) to inject christian values to guide laws and men.
c. Covid .. most of the churches closed .
d. Rejection of people . IF you are not in the body of Christ you can’t understand and I’m not suppose to commune with you.
9 . Many have such a heavenly heart they are of no earthly good . ( old saying that I find true .
10 . Many churches have become organized business enterprises . God is mandated to the last row of pews and the choir is front and center on the stage . Gone are the days of the small country churches .. they have been closing by the 10’s of thousands.
11. Rejection through Hate . Yes hate . ( extension of d. ) If you have not accepted Jesus and or you do XYZ you’re of the devil . You are dammed ( judge not least you be ? ) people that are lost stay that way .
12. Many Christians really don’t want to be Christ like . It takes work and too much effort. ( how many times have you taken in a homeless person for a time to help them out . )
13. Dopamine rush . ( the effects of it that are seen )
a. It is proven now that singing or praying and being ” in the word ” if you will boost dopamine . It’s a drug that you make and we all want more .
b. It’s cooler to go to Africa and dig a well or build a shack called a church and take a selfie to to put on Facebook ( and you get to write off the expense of the trip on taxes )
Than it is to go to Detroit or Cleveland or hometown USA to help our your fellow country man .
c. Doing things you don’t like or are uncomfortable deplete dopamine . Like a bunch of the crap Jesus did with people .
12. If it it’s so clear cut to understand . Then why are there are a stated 40,000 destinations of Christianity ?
13. If it it’s so clear cut to understand . Then why are there a reported 250 translations of the bible ( not including from language A to language B – and of these I have never seen the Ferrar Phenton version listed so ??? )
Many would or will reject what I have pointed out here .. OK cool .
You’re not in the body of Christ Duncan you don’t understand . Maybe you don’t either.
There are many reasons people reject things . Sometimes it ‘s when they see B—— S_____
When people forsake God they imagine themselves as gods
that’s incorrect .. It can be that way vanity – narcissism .
But most of the time .. no .
God is not clear cut . He deals in riddles and hiding Himself .. to what end I dont’ know . People forsake God ? Well keep this in mind . No one asked to be here . We’re all draftees . Put here with out a choice .
OH yeah the hate gig I talk about in my long comment .. if it gets posted . Go look at Vic and Flash 269 and get back to me on how I’m off base on that .