My partner is this endeavor, Managing Editor Steve Berman, wrote a thought-provoking piece earlier about why we need to support Graham-Cassidy. I’m of the opposite view across the board. His piece was over 3,000 words. Mine will be tiny. He referenced others. I will not. He supports it. I do not.
Thankfully, I have very few problems with his reasons for supporting it. They aren’t foolish. Misguided, in my humble opinion, but definitely not foolish. Republicans in the Senate have their own reasons. Those are the foolish ones. There are five reasons why GOP lawmakers are supporting this bill. I’m not referring to their talking points. I’m talking about real motivations::
- They need a win. There have been so few despite control of every facet of government
- Removing the individual and employer mandate
- Attempt to stop single-payer from picking up steam
- Do what they promised (or a strange variation of it) before the midterm elections
- Use (false) federalism to pretend like they’re a small-government party
There are really only two reasons why they shouldn’t support Graham-Cassidy. Unfortunately for the GOP, these happen to be the two most important reasons, period.
- Premiums will rise faster than they already are. When you take away the mandates (good) without taking away other requirements such as preexisting conditions (bad), you forcing premiums and deductibles to go up while making quality of coverage worse. It’s like taking the pseudo-balance that Obamacare tried to create between high- and low-risk cases and pulling only from one side. No mandates mean low-risk consumers will bolt while high risk cases such as preexisting conditions are still required. This is why the GOP has suddenly stopped screaming about high premiums after incessantly chanting about them for seven years. They realize that with Graham-Cassidy, Americans will, with 100% certainty, pay much more for their health insurance.
- Single-payer. It’s not a coincidence that Bernie is pushing it now knowing perfectly well it has no chance of succeeding yet. He needs it on the books that the Democrats were trying to fix the system at the same time the Republicans were destroying it. The fastest path to single-payer is to give the Democrats massive credibility by delivering a program such as Graham-Cassidy that will raise costs for Americans. As their premiums explode, the Democrats will say, “Hey, with our plan, the $2200 bill you’re paying every month for health insurance will go away. The GOP had their shot. Now we need out shot.”
Ask a conservative Republican voting for this if they think it’s going to work. Their answer will invariably be that it will “be better than what we’ve got.” They believe that if they pass nothing that President Trump will turn on them. He will. If this bill had been introduced five months ago it wouldn’t get 35 GOP votes. At this point, they’ll take anything they can get their hands on. That alone spells doom for America if it passes. I, for one, am not excited about the Graham-Cassidy-Stepping-Stone-To-Single-Payer Bill.
Will America-First News Outlets Make it to 2023?
Things are looking grim for conservative and populist news sites.
There’s something happening behind the scenes at several popular conservative news outlets. 2021 was bad, but 2022 is proving to be disastrous for news sites that aren’t “playing ball” with the corporate media narrative. It’s being said that advertisers are cracking down, forcing some of the biggest ad networks like Google and Yahoo to pull their inventory from conservative outlets. This has had two major effects. First, it has cooled most conservative outlets from discussing “taboo” topics like Pandemic Panic Theater, voter fraud, or The Great Reset. Second, it has isolated those ad networks that aren’t playing ball.
Certain topics are anathema for most ad networks. Speaking out against vaccines or vaccine mandates is a certain path to being demonetized. Highlighting voter fraud in the 2020 and future elections is another instant advertising death penalty. Throw in truthful stories about climate change hysteria, Critical Race Theory, and the border crisis and it’s easy to understand how difficult it is for America-First news outlets to spread the facts, share conservative opinions, and still pay the bills.
Without naming names, I have been told of several news outlets who have been forced to either consolidate with larger organizations or who have backed down on covering certain topics out of fear of being “canceled” by the ad networks. I get it. This is a business for many of us and it’s not very profitable. Those of us who do this for a living are often barely squeaking by, so loss of additional revenue can often mean being forced to make cuts. That means not being able to cover the topics properly. Its a Catch-22: Tell the truth and lose the money necessary to keep telling the truth, or avoid the truth and make enough money to survive. Those who have chosen survival simply aren’t able to spread the truth properly.
We will never avoid the truth. The Lord will provide if it is His will. Our job is simply to share the facts, spread the Gospel, and educate as many Americans as possible while exposing the forces of evil.
To those who have the means, we ask that you please donate. We have options available now, but there is no telling when those options will cancel us. We have our GivingFuel page. There have been many who have been canceled by PayPal, but for now it’s still an option. Your generosity is what keeps these sites running and allows us to get the truth to the masses. We’ve had great success in growing but we know we can do more with your assistance.
Thank you, and God Bless!
Covid variant BA.5 is spreading. It appears milder but much more contagious and evades natural immunity. Best to boost your immune system with new Z-Dtox and Z-Stack nutraceuticals from our dear friend, the late Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.