Connect with us

Everything

Donald Trump’s angry mob of haters strike again

Published

on

I live in the South, I work in the South as a journalist, and I have seen with my own eyes the effect of Donald Trump on the South. No one needs to tell me about “reality.” I live it every day of my life in this part of the country. When I drive past a pickup truck with a Trump sticker in the rear window here in rural South Carolina, the driver looks angry and stupid. Sorry if it offends you, ladies and gentlemen, but Donald Trump did give the alt-right Nazis a backbone. His “movement” of hatred and anger put peoples’ darkest thoughts and emotions on steroids. Anyone who lives in the South and tries to deny this is either unintelligent or being willfully stupid.

Dark comedy

I feel as if I must have inadvertently wandered into a comedy skit today. People from both sides of the aisle are expecting Donald Trump to condemn the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend– as well as the behavior of counter protesters, which was just as bad –and call out white supremacist Nazis for their foul and unconscionable behavior. I suppose my question is, why would Trump do that?

A campaign run on hate

Last year, Donald Trump ran a campaign on anger, hate, bigotry and lies. He was evidently under the impression that the debates were merely an opportunity to take the spotlight and hurl out insults as fast as his lying lips could move. Sadly, these actions earned him the presidency. Shame on you, America.

The majority of his energy and focus was to attack and insult other candidates, even those polling at one percent, merely because they were easy targets: bullies do not generally pass up easy targets. He offered absolutely nothing in the way of an agenda other than hate speech against minorities and women and generalized statements about how wonderful he is and how everyone “better treat him fairly.” He also threw in a lot of statements about how he would win “bigly” in November, apparently to showcase his grasp of the English language, and how he would force Mexico to pay for a wall.

His character should not have appealed to anyone with an IQ higher than that of a small turnip .

At one rally, he cried out “punch that guy, I’ll pay the bill.” Is this the person we expect to strongly condemn violence? He condoned violence at a rally in front of thousands, so why would he recognize it as a character flaw in others? Perhaps that’s why he came off so flat and dry when reading the sentences he was given the other day.

Donald Trump’s focus

Donald Trump is concerned with Donald Trump, not with the welfare American citizens. He is a politically illiterate incompetent bully who, when asked to reveal his biggest weakness, proudly said “I hold a grudge.” Although this was laughed off by those who had already taken a long drink from the koolaid well, there are now people who have experienced firsthand that the narcissist was actually telling the truth for a change when he made that statement. I wonder what Mr. Priebus and other individuals who sold their souls are thinking right now?

Donald Trump is a dangerously self absorbed, foulmouthed, reality show has-been who is nothing more than an extreme liability to the United States of America. In my humble opinion, people who expect Trump to give a speech from the heart condemning the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville are almost as dumb as their Fuhrer.

Continue Reading
19 Comments

19 Comments

1. The Real Valerie M. (@TheRealValerieM)

August 14, 2017 at 11:25 am

Finally someone tells THIS side of it. THANK YOU!

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:01 pm

And I am not about to stop. Thanks, Valerie

2. Greg Legakis

August 14, 2017 at 11:33 am

He said “Big league” not “bigly.” it’s a New York-ism

3. Greg Legakis

August 14, 2017 at 11:36 am

I didn’t vote for the guy either, nor did I vote for Hilarity, but I think your piece is a tad hypebolic.

4. Jean Cooper

August 14, 2017 at 11:41 am

Great piece. I’m surprised it’s not buried on the back page.

5. Raphaela Verano (@Raphaela2017)

August 14, 2017 at 11:44 am

Do you ever notice how people who jump in to defend Trump always start out by saying “I didn’t vote for Trump BUT….” This is hard truth and needs to be told. Trump ABSOLUTELY encouraged this, Trump ABSOLUTELY put this on steroids, and Trump’s movement of hatred and anger ABSOLUTELY pushed the alt-right nazi movement foreward

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the support. I am expecting a lot of hate over this. (and you KNOW how much I care about that! LOL)

6. Danny Lamar (@4liberty7777)

August 14, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Great article..straight truth is what we need and once again you delivered it! Anyone who says that hate violence and during the election tells people to hit someone and they will pay the bill are hypocrites! Keep it coming Jesse…good stuff!

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Thank you Danny. Another fellow New Yorker. Hope all is well up there. And to think I came down here to get away from nasty. LOL. You may as well stay put. :0

7. Sharon

August 14, 2017 at 1:21 pm

This was an incredible article. Jesse took a grim and horrific subject, flavored it with her unique humor here and there throughout the piece (e.i.,”His character should not have appealed to anyone with an IQ higher than that of a turnip”) and once again caught and held my attention. I am not easy to impress. There are many writers out there whose work is average and above average, but few who are IMPRESSIVE. I admit, I laughed out loud at the turnip IQ sentence. And after laughing, continued reading. In seems that Jesse allows the reader moments of amusement before shifting back to serious topics. Why would Americans expect Trump to STOP violence, bigotry and hate when his campaign was run on these same foul emotions? Well, Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. And in that case, I do believe that Trump supporters need asylum–in clean, decent facilities for sick minds. Jesse, I have been to the South, and although the North has its pockets of madness, I concur with you that the farther South one goes, the worse it gets. Thank you, for another impressive piece which you were obviously not afraid to write.

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Thank you, Sharon. It just never ceases to amaze me how many supposed “never Trumpers” rush to this man’s defense while stating they don’t like him, didn’t vote for him and don’t approve of him, etc. They need to cut the cord with the corrupt party and get on, get off, or get out of the way of true conservatives. Many parts of the south are a pleasure to live in, but a high percentage are low-education masses that apparently are as politically illiterate as trump himself and therefore do not see the danger he poses to this country. All the people, Right or Left in Charlottesville are responsible for their own actions, and Trump could not MAKE them do anything, but he is like the passerby who sees someone about to jump from a bridge and commit suicide and yells “do it!” There IS responsibility. Under pressure from WH staff he makes better statements as he goes along, but they fool no one who remembers his campaign of hate and anger. Leopards don’t change their spots. Thanks for your continued support. I am getting a lot of hate messages over this one. LOL

8. Susan Hauck

August 14, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Wow! Jesse, you go gal! This was such a great read. This is the kind of thing the public needs to read. Jesse doesn’t spin it! She shows the creep Trump up for what he really is! A creep!

• Jesse Broadt

August 15, 2017 at 5:35 am

Thank you Susan. I’ve been getting a lot of heat for this article from people telling me I am blaming Donald Trump for other peoples’ behavior, which of course I am not. But he DID create an ideal climate for this type of behavior. Glad this article spoke to you and thank you for commenting!

9. Michael (@AgainstTrump99)

August 15, 2017 at 8:01 am

Truth, truth and more truth so help you God! LOVE it, Jesse. And no one thinks you are excusing the left. You brought out a truth about how badly the RIGHT is now being hijacked by insanity. The left being evil does not make unconscionable behavior of the right ok. LOVE THIS

10. Raz Schultz

August 16, 2017 at 9:07 am

This is without a doubt the best, most accurate description of Trump I ever read. We expected the violence and hatred that divides the USA to escalate with the start he gave it in his campaign. And yes, Greg Legakis, Trump most certainly said “bigly,” more than once. I heard it and the reporters heard it, commented, and laughed about it. Jesse Broadt always has her facts straight. I have read her articles for years and she’s the best! Good work, Jesse, and you’re right – Americans who voted for this incompetent, hate filled lunatic should be VERY ashamed! .

11. Jesse Broadt

August 16, 2017 at 10:16 am

I know you, Raz! You call into the radio show sometimes. I have to tell Randy you found me here! Thank you SO much for that. All the comments I got here were great but this one was extra special. It gives me the motivation to go on!

12. Catalina Hererra

August 16, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I really DON’T want my comment taken out on Jesse! Just because we hang out at the same cafe does not mean we are siamese twins! This is MY opinion and MY opinion alone: I never would have thought that TNA would publish something like this b/c it seemed all they cared about was focusing on how bad the left behaved when they counter protested and nothing about the Nazis. The fact that this is published and not censored off makes me like TNA and the Federalist party a lot more! hats off to you Jesse, as they say.

• Jesse Broadt

August 16, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Don’t worry about that, Cat. No one at TNA thinks that and you are entitled to your opinion! I’m glad you are seeing the great things about both the Federalist Party and The New Americana. Thank you for the support!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Opinions

It isn’t Never-Trump or Always-Trump destroying conservatism, it’s Sometimes-Trump

Published

on

One of the craziest—or should I say laziest—accusations leveled against me by Trump’s die-hard loyalists whenever I dare to call him out for breaking a campaign promise, getting caught in a lie, or promoting unconstitutional non-conservative ideas, is that I’m a liberal. Sometimes, they go so far as to accuse me of working for George Soros.

As I’ve said many times in response, I don’t work for Mr. Soros, but since money’s been a little tight at the Strident Conservative lately, if anyone has his number, I’d appreciate it if you’d send it my way.

It’s a sad reality that these pathetic taunts are what passes for political discourse in the Age of Trump. Gone are the days when differences could be civilly discussed based on facts instead of emotion.

Another sad reality of this behavior is that it’s a sign that the end of conservatism is near, as Trump’s small army of loyal followers attempt to rebrand conservatism by spreading the lie that he is a conservative and, using binary logic, accusing anyone who opposes him of being a liberal.

This rebranding effort has had an impact. Last week, RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel warned Republican hopefuls that anyone who opposed Trump’s agenda would be “making a mistake.”

McDaniel’s threat was issued following the GOP primary defeat in South Carolina by conservative Mark Sanford after he was personally targeted by Trump himself. Sanford’s crime? Disloyalty to the NY Liberal.

Another source of damage to conservatism has come from evangelicals and the so-called conservative media. In the name of self-preservation, they choose to surrender their principles by promoting the lie that Trump is a conservative. Some of these voices have taken to labelling conservatives who oppose Trump as Never-Trump conservatives, or worse, branding them as liberals and/or Democrats, as was recently written in a piece at TheFederalist.com:

“Trump may be an unattractive and deeply flawed messenger for contemporary conservatism. But loathe though they might be to admit it, what’s left of the Never-Trump movement needs to come to grips with the fact that the only words that currently describe them are liberals and Democrats.”

Then there are those who have adopted a Sometimes-Trump attitude about the president, where everything Trump does is measured using a good Trump/bad Trump barometer. While it has become fashionable for Sometimes-Trump conservatives to stand on their soap boxes condemning both Never-Trump conservatives and Always-Trump faux conservatives, I believe that this politically bipolar approach to Trump is the greatest threat of all to Constitutional conservatism in America.

Sometimes-Trump conservatives have accepted the lie that it’s okay to do a little evil in exchange for a greater good. Though they may fly a conservative banner, their lukewarm attitude about Trump is much like the attitude we see in the Laodicean church mentioned in the Book of Revelations (3:15-16).

“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”

Trump is a double-minded man unstable in all his ways (James 1:8). When lukewarm Sometimes-Trump conservatives choose to overlook this reality, they end up watering-down conservatism to the point that it has no value or power to change America’s course.

As lukewarm Sometimes-Trump conservatives point to the Always-Trump and Never-Trump factions as the reason for today’s conservative divide, remember that it’s the unenthusiastic, noncommittal, indifferent, half-hearted, apathetic, uninterested, unconcerned, lackadaisical, passionless, laid back, couldn’t-care-less conservative imposters in the middle who are really responsible.

Originally posted on The Strident Conservative.

David Leach is the owner of The Strident Conservative. His daily radio commentary is distributed by the Salem Radio Network and is heard on stations across America.

Follow the Strident Conservative on Twitter and FacebookSubscribe to receive podcasts of radio commentaries: iTunes | Stitcher | Tune In | RSS

Continue Reading

Culture and Religion

Video Double play: Busting the gun grabber’s musket myth.

Published

on

By

Gun confiscation bingo

Two videos that eviscerate the Liberty Grabbers ‘One shot’ musket myth.

It is a bedrock principle (if they have any) of the Liberty grabber Left that back during the ratification of the US Constitution the only weapons in existence were flintlock musket that took 5 minute to reload. Thus there wasn’t any school violence because it would have taken too long for the perpetrator to kill anyone.

As it typical of the lore of the national socialist Left, this is a lie of the first order. A previous video celebrated the “Assault Weapon” tricentennial, which was bit of the tongue in cheek variety since there were other repeating “Military Style” weapons in existence before this time period. These will be detailed in future articles. Meanwhile we present two videos that also bust the ‘Musket Myth’, one a short presentation from the Royal Armouries on the Jover and Belton “Flintlock breech-loading superimposed military musket”

Royal Armouries
Published on Aug 30, 2017
Curator of Firearms, Jonathan Ferguson, gives us a peek at the Flintlock breech-loading superimposed military musket, by Jover and Belton (1786)

This is a very relevant piece since the inventor Joseph Belton corresponded with the Continental Congress in 1777:

May it Please your Honours,
I would just informe this Honourable Assembly, that I have discover’d an improvement, in the use of Small Armes, wherein a common small arm, may be maid to discharge eight balls one after another, in eight, five or three seconds of time, & each one to do execution five & twenty, or thirty yards, and after so discharg’d, to be loaded and fire’d with cartridge as usual.

“It was demonstrated before noted scientists and military officers (including well known scientist David Rittenhouse and General Horatio Gates)”

This destroys the mythology that the founders had no knowledge of this type of repeating firearm technology that existed already.

The second is a humours dissertation on the subject from video raconteur Steven Crowder https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/

from a few years ago that also eviscerates this bit of Leftist mythology.

Published on Feb 10, 2015
People have been telling us for years that the 2nd amendment was written in a time of Muskets, and that it doesn’t apply to the evolved weapons of today. Is it true?

So why is this important?

Two primary reasons. One that these factual examples demonstrate that the founding fathers knew of these technological advances. Therefore, they destroy any Leftist pretences that the 2nd amendment be confined to muskets. Second that, school violence is something other than an issue of guns.

Continue Reading

Immigration

House proposal makes DACA permanent and grants citizenship to illegals

Published

on

When Donald Trump issued an executive order in Sept. 2017 rescinding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) order issued by Barack Obama, he was cheered by his adoring fans for appearing to keep one of his campaign promises regarding the illegal immigration problem. However, as the old saying goes, appearances can be deceiving.

The reason I call it deceiving is because Trump’s order was merely a technicality—sort of a Rescind-In-Name-Only moment—used to buy the time necessary to make DACA permanent, which has been his “big heart” goal from the beginning.

Of course, any permanent legislation needs to come from Congress, which should have been problematic for Republicans who campaigned for years against Obama’s handling of illegal immigration. But in today’s Republican party—owned and operated by Trump—such commitments have become secondary to the requirement to please Dear Leader.

For example, just days after Trump’s deceptive order, Mitch McConnell went on record in support of negotiation with Democrats and the president—but I repeat myself—to save DACA and create an amnesty plan and eventual citizenship for approximately 1.8 million DREAMers.

Though past attempts have failed, election-season fever is sweeping Washington, so Trump and Republican party loyalists are making another push to get the job done.

After conducting several days of Nancy Pelosi-style meetings behind closed doors, Paul Ryan released an immigration plan yesterday that will legally protect DREAMers while also providing over $23 billion for another Trump promise—a border wall.

Wait a minute! I though Trump promised us that Mexico was going to pay for the wall. I suppose that’s just another in-name-only moment for the New York liberal.

Back to the House proposal. DREAMers can apply for “nonimmigrant status” which is essentially a newfangled way to say visa. The extra visas necessary to handle these requests will be available due to new restrictions that will lower the number of legal immigrant applications, which means legal immigrants will be effectively moved to the back of the line.

But that’s not the worst part.

Once obtained, these visas become the first step on a pathway to citizenship, which means that years down the road, 1.8 million illegals—probably more—will have jumped the line to US citizenship ahead of legal immigrants, despite the rhetoric from Trump and the GOP claiming otherwise.

Though this proposal may or may not pass, making DACA permanent and creating a pathway to citizenship are broken promises. But as I wrote a few days ago, breaking promises has become a job requirement in the age of Trump and today’s GOP.

Originally posted on The Strident Conservative.

Continue Reading