Connect with us

Everything

Donald Trump’s angry mob of haters strike again

Published

on

I live in the South, I work in the South as a journalist, and I have seen with my own eyes the effect of Donald Trump on the South. No one needs to tell me about “reality.” I live it every day of my life in this part of the country. When I drive past a pickup truck with a Trump sticker in the rear window here in rural South Carolina, the driver looks angry and stupid. Sorry if it offends you, ladies and gentlemen, but Donald Trump did give the alt-right Nazis a backbone. His “movement” of hatred and anger put peoples’ darkest thoughts and emotions on steroids. Anyone who lives in the South and tries to deny this is either unintelligent or being willfully stupid.

Dark comedy

I feel as if I must have inadvertently wandered into a comedy skit today. People from both sides of the aisle are expecting Donald Trump to condemn the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend– as well as the behavior of counter protesters, which was just as bad –and call out white supremacist Nazis for their foul and unconscionable behavior. I suppose my question is, why would Trump do that?

A campaign run on hate

Last year, Donald Trump ran a campaign on anger, hate, bigotry and lies. He was evidently under the impression that the debates were merely an opportunity to take the spotlight and hurl out insults as fast as his lying lips could move. Sadly, these actions earned him the presidency. Shame on you, America.

The majority of his energy and focus was to attack and insult other candidates, even those polling at one percent, merely because they were easy targets: bullies do not generally pass up easy targets. He offered absolutely nothing in the way of an agenda other than hate speech against minorities and women and generalized statements about how wonderful he is and how everyone “better treat him fairly.” He also threw in a lot of statements about how he would win “bigly” in November, apparently to showcase his grasp of the English language, and how he would force Mexico to pay for a wall.

His character should not have appealed to anyone with an IQ higher than that of a small turnip .

At one rally, he cried out “punch that guy, I’ll pay the bill.” Is this the person we expect to strongly condemn violence? He condoned violence at a rally in front of thousands, so why would he recognize it as a character flaw in others? Perhaps that’s why he came off so flat and dry when reading the sentences he was given the other day.

Donald Trump’s focus

Donald Trump is concerned with Donald Trump, not with the welfare American citizens. He is a politically illiterate incompetent bully who, when asked to reveal his biggest weakness, proudly said “I hold a grudge.” Although this was laughed off by those who had already taken a long drink from the koolaid well, there are now people who have experienced firsthand that the narcissist was actually telling the truth for a change when he made that statement. I wonder what Mr. Priebus and other individuals who sold their souls are thinking right now?

Donald Trump is a dangerously self absorbed, foulmouthed, reality show has-been who is nothing more than an extreme liability to the United States of America. In my humble opinion, people who expect Trump to give a speech from the heart condemning the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville are almost as dumb as their Fuhrer.

Continue Reading
19 Comments

19 Comments

1. The Real Valerie M. (@TheRealValerieM)

August 14, 2017 at 11:25 am

Finally someone tells THIS side of it. THANK YOU!

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:01 pm

And I am not about to stop. Thanks, Valerie

2. Greg Legakis

August 14, 2017 at 11:33 am

He said “Big league” not “bigly.” it’s a New York-ism

3. Greg Legakis

August 14, 2017 at 11:36 am

I didn’t vote for the guy either, nor did I vote for Hilarity, but I think your piece is a tad hypebolic.

4. Jean Cooper

August 14, 2017 at 11:41 am

Great piece. I’m surprised it’s not buried on the back page.

5. Raphaela Verano (@Raphaela2017)

August 14, 2017 at 11:44 am

Do you ever notice how people who jump in to defend Trump always start out by saying “I didn’t vote for Trump BUT….” This is hard truth and needs to be told. Trump ABSOLUTELY encouraged this, Trump ABSOLUTELY put this on steroids, and Trump’s movement of hatred and anger ABSOLUTELY pushed the alt-right nazi movement foreward

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the support. I am expecting a lot of hate over this. (and you KNOW how much I care about that! LOL)

6. Danny Lamar (@4liberty7777)

August 14, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Great article..straight truth is what we need and once again you delivered it! Anyone who says that hate violence and during the election tells people to hit someone and they will pay the bill are hypocrites! Keep it coming Jesse…good stuff!

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Thank you Danny. Another fellow New Yorker. Hope all is well up there. And to think I came down here to get away from nasty. LOL. You may as well stay put. :0

7. Sharon

August 14, 2017 at 1:21 pm

This was an incredible article. Jesse took a grim and horrific subject, flavored it with her unique humor here and there throughout the piece (e.i.,”His character should not have appealed to anyone with an IQ higher than that of a turnip”) and once again caught and held my attention. I am not easy to impress. There are many writers out there whose work is average and above average, but few who are IMPRESSIVE. I admit, I laughed out loud at the turnip IQ sentence. And after laughing, continued reading. In seems that Jesse allows the reader moments of amusement before shifting back to serious topics. Why would Americans expect Trump to STOP violence, bigotry and hate when his campaign was run on these same foul emotions? Well, Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. And in that case, I do believe that Trump supporters need asylum–in clean, decent facilities for sick minds. Jesse, I have been to the South, and although the North has its pockets of madness, I concur with you that the farther South one goes, the worse it gets. Thank you, for another impressive piece which you were obviously not afraid to write.

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Thank you, Sharon. It just never ceases to amaze me how many supposed “never Trumpers” rush to this man’s defense while stating they don’t like him, didn’t vote for him and don’t approve of him, etc. They need to cut the cord with the corrupt party and get on, get off, or get out of the way of true conservatives. Many parts of the south are a pleasure to live in, but a high percentage are low-education masses that apparently are as politically illiterate as trump himself and therefore do not see the danger he poses to this country. All the people, Right or Left in Charlottesville are responsible for their own actions, and Trump could not MAKE them do anything, but he is like the passerby who sees someone about to jump from a bridge and commit suicide and yells “do it!” There IS responsibility. Under pressure from WH staff he makes better statements as he goes along, but they fool no one who remembers his campaign of hate and anger. Leopards don’t change their spots. Thanks for your continued support. I am getting a lot of hate messages over this one. LOL

8. Susan Hauck

August 14, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Wow! Jesse, you go gal! This was such a great read. This is the kind of thing the public needs to read. Jesse doesn’t spin it! She shows the creep Trump up for what he really is! A creep!

• Jesse Broadt

August 15, 2017 at 5:35 am

Thank you Susan. I’ve been getting a lot of heat for this article from people telling me I am blaming Donald Trump for other peoples’ behavior, which of course I am not. But he DID create an ideal climate for this type of behavior. Glad this article spoke to you and thank you for commenting!

9. Michael (@AgainstTrump99)

August 15, 2017 at 8:01 am

Truth, truth and more truth so help you God! LOVE it, Jesse. And no one thinks you are excusing the left. You brought out a truth about how badly the RIGHT is now being hijacked by insanity. The left being evil does not make unconscionable behavior of the right ok. LOVE THIS

10. Raz Schultz

August 16, 2017 at 9:07 am

This is without a doubt the best, most accurate description of Trump I ever read. We expected the violence and hatred that divides the USA to escalate with the start he gave it in his campaign. And yes, Greg Legakis, Trump most certainly said “bigly,” more than once. I heard it and the reporters heard it, commented, and laughed about it. Jesse Broadt always has her facts straight. I have read her articles for years and she’s the best! Good work, Jesse, and you’re right – Americans who voted for this incompetent, hate filled lunatic should be VERY ashamed! .

11. Jesse Broadt

August 16, 2017 at 10:16 am

I know you, Raz! You call into the radio show sometimes. I have to tell Randy you found me here! Thank you SO much for that. All the comments I got here were great but this one was extra special. It gives me the motivation to go on!

12. Catalina Hererra

August 16, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I really DON’T want my comment taken out on Jesse! Just because we hang out at the same cafe does not mean we are siamese twins! This is MY opinion and MY opinion alone: I never would have thought that TNA would publish something like this b/c it seemed all they cared about was focusing on how bad the left behaved when they counter protested and nothing about the Nazis. The fact that this is published and not censored off makes me like TNA and the Federalist party a lot more! hats off to you Jesse, as they say.

• Jesse Broadt

August 16, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Don’t worry about that, Cat. No one at TNA thinks that and you are entitled to your opinion! I’m glad you are seeing the great things about both the Federalist Party and The New Americana. Thank you for the support!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment and Sports

Fred Savage owns Deadpool in Once Upon a Deadpool trailer

Published

on

Fred Savage owns Deadpool in Once Upon a Deadpool trailer

I’ll admit, I didn’t even know this was a thing. When I heard about it, I assumed it was a spoof, probably put out by Ryan Reynolds to catch a few Christmas laughs. I was wrong.

Once Upon a Deadpool is a new edit of Deadpool 2 made with a PG-13 rating. Fox has been pushing for Reynolds to do a PG-13 version for over a decade, but the star has refused until now. He had two requirements. First, he Fox to donate money from the movie to a charity of Reynold’s choice. Which did he choose? A charity Fox is referring to as “Fudge Cancer,” though the charity’s real name would be better served in the R-rated version of Deadpool.

The second requirement is that Reynolds needed permission to kidnap Fred Savage.

Reynolds got both of his wishes and Once Upon a Deadpool was born. It’s due for a limited engagement next month.

Continue Reading

Guns and Crime

Legislators tell Allen West: Next version of First Step Act will cut loopholes

Published

on

Legislators tell Allen West Next version of First Step Act will cut loopholes

Last week, a handful of conservatives, including Lt. Col. Allen West and Conservative Review’s Daniel Horowitz, went after the bipartisan First Step Act, a criminal justice reform bill that has the backing of the President and many conservative lawmakers on Capitol Hill. Our complaint: why would the GOP support a bill that releases violent criminals and illegal immigrants?

According to legislative proponents of the bill, protections and benefits for both of these groups of felons have been eliminated in the next version of the bill that will reach the Senate floor. They reached out to West over the weekend to let them know they heard the concerns and are addressing them.

First Step Act: Response and Reassurances

https://i0.wp.com/theoldschoolpatriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/prison-553836_640.jpg?w=200&ssl=1The First Step Act is supported by many conservatives and law enforcement groups, including the Fraternal Order of Police, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, and the National District Attorneys Association. There are other proposals offered by those on the far left under the same banner of “criminal justice reform” that would release people from prison without regard to the danger they pose, including illegal immigrants and serious violent offenders. We must remember that there are some folks who are, well, as the ol’ folks would say, “just bad.” Additionally, some left-wing professors even propose abolishing all prisons partly based on their notion that the system is racist in nature. Hmm, I tend to believe that skin color or race has nothing to do with a person deciding to break the law. I just do not want us to go down the path of having criminals believe that there are no consequences, ramifications, for their actions and behaviors.

The legislators echoed our concerns and said the version that is currently available doesn’t reflect the changes that cut the loopholes. They say it will be impossible for these two groups – serious violent offenders and criminal illegal immigrants – to get the benefits of the bill. Many felons will be released early. Future felons will be given lighter sentences. That makes sense for many, but by no means should anyone in either of the two most dangerous groups receive sentence reductions, according to the letter to West.

My Take

Call me cynical, but lately I’ve changed my general rules regarding promises of politicians. It used to echo President Reagan’s stance on nuclear disarmament: “Trust but verify.” I now have to go with a more adversarial stance on political promises: “Show me proof, then we’ll talk.”

When the legislation is made available to the public, many will take a close look at it. I’ll personally be checking to see if there are any loopholes that would put violent offenders or criminal illegal immigrants back on the street sooner. If so, it’s a no-go for me.

Continue Reading

News

Hundreds search rubble in California for human remains

Published

on

Hundreds search rubble in California for human remains

PARADISE, Calif. (AP) — The search for remains of victims of the devastating Northern California wildfire took on a new urgency Monday as rain in the forecast threatened to complicate those efforts while also bringing relief to firefighters.

Hundreds of crews and volunteers were searching the ash and rubble where homes stood before flames engulfed the Sierra foothills town of Paradise and surrounding communities, killing at least 77 people in the deadliest U.S. wildfire in a century.

The fire has destroyed more than 10,500 homes while burning 234 square miles (606 sq. kilometers). It was 65 percent contained.

The rain expected to arrive Wednesday could cause wet ash to flow down steep inclines in the mountainous region, forecasters said.

Rescue workers wore white coveralls, hard hats and masks as they poked through debris, searching for bone fragments before rain could wash them away or turn loose, dry ash into thick paste.

A team of 10 volunteers accompanied by a cadaver dog went from house to house in the charred landscape. Some went to homes where they had received tips that someone might have died.

They used sticks to move aside debris and focused on vehicles, bathtubs and what was left of mattresses for possible signs of victims.

When no remains were found, they spray-painted a large, orange “0″ near the house and moved on.

Robert Panak, a volunteer on a team from Napa County, said he was trying to picture each house before it burned and imagine where people might have taken shelter.

“I just think about the positives, bringing relief to the families, closure,” Panak said.

The search area is huge and the fire burned many places to the ground, creating a landscape unique to many search-and- rescue personnel, said Joe Moses, a commander with the Monterey County Sheriff’s Office, who is helping oversee the effort.

“Here we’re looking for very small parts and pieces, and so we have to be very diligent and systematic,” he said Friday.

Sheriff Kory Honea said it was possible that the exact death toll from the blaze would never be known. He also questioned whether the search for remains could be completed by midweek when the rain is forecast.

“As much as I wish that we could get through all of this before the rains come, I don’t know if that’s possible,” he said.

About 1,000 names remain on a list of people unaccounted for more than a week after the fire began in Butte County about 140 miles (225 kilometers) north of San Francisco.

Authorities don’t believe all those on the list are missing and the number dropped by 300 on Sunday as more people were located or got in touch to say they weren’t missing.

On Sunday afternoon, more than 50 people gathered at a memorial for the victims at First Christian Church in Chico, where a banner on the altar read, “We will rise from the ashes.”

People hugged and shed tears as Pastor Jesse Kearns recited a prayer for firefighters, rescuers and search teams: “We ask for continued strength as they are growing weary right now,” Kearns said.

Paul Stavish, who retired three months ago from a Silicon Valley tech job and moved to Paradise, placed a battery-powered votive candle on the altar as a woman played piano and sang “Amazing Grace.”

Stavish, his wife and three dogs escaped the fire, but their house is gone. He said he was thinking of the dead and mourning for the warm, tight-knit community.

“This is not just a few houses getting burned,” he said. “The whole town is gone.”

___

Associated Press journalists Christopher Weber and Brian Melley in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

Continue Reading