Rush Hudson Limbaugh III is an American radio personality, conservative political commentator, author and former television show host. He is best known as the host of his radio show The Rush Limbaugh Show, which has been in national syndication on AM and FM radio stations since 1988. People on the right lionized him just as much (if not greater) as people on the left demonized him. No matter where you are on the political spectrum, Rush Limbaugh’s impact on politics has been undeniable.
Dan Bongino put a list together of some of his quotes. I list my favorites below.
- “For government to give, it must first take away.”
- “The people that make this country work, the people who pay on their mortgages, the people getting up and going to work, striving in this recession to not participate in it, they’re not the enemy. They’re the people that hire you. They’re the people that are going to give you a job.”
- “Now, what is the left’s worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.”
- “Liberals always exempt themselves from the rules that they impose on others.”
- “Bigot: A person who wins an argument with a liberal.”
- “Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people no longer need it.”
- “No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.”
- “Let me tell you who we conservatives are: we love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don’t see groups. We don’t see victims.”
- “What about feeling sorry for those…who pay the taxes? Those are the people NO ONE ever feels sorry for. They are asked to give and give until they have no more to give. And when they say ‘Enough!’ they are called selfish.”
There are many media and political figures mourning Rush Limbaugh’s passing today and also celebrating how he inspired their careers. A few examples…
- Mark Levin Remembers Rush Limbaugh: ‘We’ve Lost Thomas Paine — A Voice Like No Other’
- Andrew Breitbart: How Rush Limbaugh Inspired Me
- Sean Hannity remembers Rush Limbaugh: ‘Changed hearts and minds’ of generations of Americans
- Kayleigh McEnany remembers Rush Limbaugh: ‘I am the definition of a Rush Baby’
- George W. Bush remembers Limbaugh as ‘indomitable spirit with a big heart’
- Glenn Beck on Twitter
- Gov Ron DeSantis on Twitter
- Lou Dobbs on Twitter
- And so many more…
Whereas the right paid tribute and respectfully mourned his passing, there have been many on the left who celebrated his demise and wished him an eternity in hell. The sentiment is truly deplorable. I will share only 3. (Find more here.)
George Takei of Star Trek Fame
This episode says a lot about the left and destroys any argument of being compassionate at heart. Does this mean all leftists are this way? No. At least, I hope not. Sigh. I am angry over this. Why? The left’s reaction to Rush Limbaugh’s passing shows a dehumanization of the man. He had political opinions they disagreed with but he was still a human being.
Is it impossible to disagree with someone’s political opinions yet, still respect them? I think not. I’ve seen it before. Here are a few examples of how the right paid their respects to liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Renowned for her brilliant mind and her powerful dissents at the Supreme Court, Justice Ginsburg demonstrated that one can disagree without being disagreeable toward one’s colleagues or different points of view. Her opinions, including well-known decisions regarding the legal equality of women and the disabled, have inspired all Americans, and generations of great legal minds.
I find the contrast in reactions striking. Does this mean that all right wing conservatives show the class that they have? No, I don’t think so. I do think that if the right vilified and celebrated the passing of RBG as the left has vilified and celebrated the passing of Rush Limbaugh, it would make headlines the world over. Somehow I doubt a media uproar will be made over the leftists comments tweeted today. And that is a pity.
‘The Purge’ by Big Tech targets conservatives, including us
Just when we thought the Covid-19 lockdowns were ending and our ability to stay afloat was improving, censorship reared its ugly head.
For the last few months, NOQ Report has appealed to our readers for assistance in staying afloat through Covid-19 lockdowns. The downturn in the economy has limited our ability to generate proper ad revenue just as our traffic was skyrocketing. We had our first sustained stretch of three months with over a million visitors in November, December, and January, but February saw a dip.
It wasn’t just the shortened month. We expected that. We also expected the continuation of dropping traffic from “woke” Big Tech companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter, but it has actually been much worse than anticipated. Our Twitter account was banned. One of our YouTube accounts was banned and another has been suspended. Facebook “fact-checks” everything we post. Spotify canceled us. Why? Because we believe in the truth prevailing, and that means we will continue to discuss “taboo” topics.
The 2020 presidential election was stolen. You can’t say that on Big Tech platforms without risking cancelation, but we’d rather get cancelled for telling the truth rather than staying around to repeat mainstream media’s lies. They have been covering it up since before the election and they’ve convinced the vast majority of conservative news outlets that they will be harmed if they continue to discuss voter fraud. We refuse to back down. The truth is the truth.
The lies associated with Covid-19 are only slightly more prevalent than the suppression of valid scientific information that runs counter to the prescribed narrative. We should be allowed to ask questions about the vaccines, for example, as there is ample evidence for concern. One does not have to be an “anti-vaxxer” in order to want answers about vaccines that are still considered experimental and that have a track record in a short period of time of having side-effects. These questions are not allowed on Big Tech which is just another reason we are getting cancelled.
There are more topics that they refuse to allow. In turn, we refuse to stop discussing them. This is why we desperately need your help. The best way NOQ Report readers can help is to donate. Our Giving Fuel page makes it easy to donate one-time or monthly. Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal as well. We are on track to be short by about $5300 per month in order to maintain operations.
The second way to help is to become a partner. We’ve strongly considered seeking angel investors in the past but because we were paying the bills, it didn’t seem necessary. Now, we’re struggling to pay the bills. We had 5,657,724 sessions on our website from November, 2020, through February, 2021. Our intention is to elevate that to higher levels this year by focusing on a strategy that relies on free speech rather than being beholden to progressive Big Tech companies.
During that four-month stretch, Twitter and Facebook accounted for about 20% of our traffic. We are actively working on operating as if that traffic is zero, replacing it with platforms that operate more freely such as Gab, Parler, and others. While we were never as dependent on Big Tech as most conservative sites, we’d like to be completely free from them. That doesn’t mean we will block them, but we refuse to be beholden to companies that absolutely despise us simply because of our political ideology.
We’re heading in the right direction and we believe we’re ready talk to patriotic investors who want to not only “get in on the action” but more importantly who want to help America hear the truth. Interested investors should contact me directly with the contact button above.
As the world spirals towards radical progressivism, the need for truthful journalism has never been greater. But in these times, we need as many conservative media voices as possible. Please help keep NOQ Report going.
Join fellow patriots as we form a grassroots movement to advance the cause of conservatism. The coronavirus crisis has prompted many, even some conservatives, to promote authoritarianism. It’s understandable to some extent now, but it must not be allowed to embed itself in American life. We currently have 11,000+ patriots with us in a very short time. If you are interested, please join us to receive updates.
Join fellow patriots as we keep Americans informed and advance the cause of conservatism.
All ORIGINAL content on this site is © 2021 NOQ Report. All REPUBLISHED content has received direct or implied permission for reproduction.
With that said, our content may be reproduced and distributed as long as it has a link to the original source and the author is credited prominently. We don’t mind you using our content as long as you help out by giving us credit with a prominent link. If you feel like giving us a tip for the content, we will not object!
JD Rucker – EIC