Connect with us

News

Sri Lanka attacks committed by ‘religious extremists’

Published

on

Sri Lanka attacks committed by religious extremists

Update 9 – The level of obfuscation by mainstream media is too much. Our EIC posted a new article declaring who committed this terrorist attack and who it was committed against.

Update 8 – It’s been half a day since the blasts and still most major news outlets are failing to report this as an act of radical Islamic terrorism. The handful that mention the words “Muslim” or “Islam” do so with every nuanced disclaimer they can come up with. This is beyond the normal silliness of mainstream media.

Update 7 – Social media has been blocked in the country to stop the spreading of “fake news.”

The government has decided to temporarily block social media sites including Facebook and Instagram.Presidential Secretariat said in a statement that the decision to block social media was taken as false news reports were spreading through social media.The statement added that security forces were conducting comprehensive investigations into the incidents of explosions and that the blockage would be effective until investigations were concluded.

Update 6 – Iranian officials offer condolences. Iran is the largest state sponsor of radical Islamic terrorism worldwide.

Update 5 – At least three police officers have been killed in another blast that happened during a raid of the suspects’ homes.

Update 4 – The death toll numbers have risen over 200.

Update 3 – Seven arrests made so far.

Update 2 – President Trump offered assistance.

Update 1 – Two suspects arrested.

Original Story

Terrorism rocked Sri Lanka as six explosions were reported, three in churches and three in high-end hotels. At least two of the churches were hit by suicide bombers. The other four bombing techniques have not been identified.

Though nobody has publicly claimed responsibility for the attacks, Minister of Defence Ruwan Wijewardene said the culprits have been identified as “religious extremists.”

No other information has been given, but the style and targets indicate a high likelihood the attacks were perpetrated by radical Islamic terrorists.

Nearly 200 people have been reported killed and another 600 have been reported as injured. A mandatory curfew was put in place as fears of further attacks and the ongoing investigation require limited movement within the region.

Opinion

It is always good to wait for the facts to emerge before offering opinions outside of the obvious, but I’m going to jump the gun on this one. I’d be shocked if it turned out this was not perpetrated by Islamic extremists. The choice of targets on Easter Sunday, the presence of suicide bombers which are almost always associated with radical Islamic terrorists, and the history of the region can make the conclusion a fairly safe leap.

Regardless of who did it or why, the motive was crystal clear – to strike fear in the hearts of Christians in the region and around the world by committing a heinous and effective attack on one of the holiest days of the year.

While most of western media refuse to acknowledge Christian persecution, it continues to spread and become more intense.

Quote

“We have taken all the necessary precautions to keep this country safe and the people safe. We believe that all the culprits who have been involved in this unfortunate terrorist incident will be taken into custody as soon as possible. They have been identified, and they will be taken into custody as soon as possible.” – Ruwan Wijewardene

Twitter Reactions

Boost This Post

Get this story in front of tens of thousands of patriots who need to see it. For every $30 you donate here, this story will be broadcast to an addition 7000 Americans or more. If you’d prefer to use PayPal, please email me at jdrucker@reagan.com and let me know which post you want boosted after you donate through PayPal.

Will you help revive the American Conservative Movement?

 


NOQ Report Needs Your Help


Facebook

Trending