For the last two weeks, we’ve been trying to draw attention to 10 U.S.C. § 284, a provision in the United States Code that allows law enforcement at any level to request support from the Secretary of Defense to build a wall along the border where drug smuggling or transnational organized crime are a problem.
When it comes to our southern border, just about anywhere without a wall is ripe for criminal activity.
This is our fifth attempt to draw attention to this solution. Here are the previous four:
- DC is aware of 10 USC 284, but only a handful of conservatives are bringing it up
- This is what the President should do to end the shutdown and build the wall
- Title 10: How border wall construction could start tomorrow without Congress or a national emergency
- Mark Meadows’ solution to the border crisis and shutdown stalemate is almost perfect
I even made a video about it in hopes more conservatives in DC would take a look at this:
Thankfully, a small handful of Republicans, including House Freedom Caucus Chair Mark Meadows, has tried to draw more public support for this solution.
Here’s the short explanation of how this will work, in case you don’t want to watch the video or read the previous four articles:
- Law enforcement at nearly any level can request support from the Secretary of Defense to stop drugs and crime crossing the border
- Title 10, subtitle A, part 1, chapter 15, Section 284, Subsection B, line 7 of the United States Code grants the Secretary of Defense the power for the “Construction of roads and fences and installation of lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States.”
- The President would not have to invoke the NEA to declare a national emergency
- Without the use of the NEA, Congress has no recourse to stop it
That doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be legal challenges, but these wouldn’t be anywhere near the immense degree of red tape that will halt wall construction for years. In fact, it’s very likely that an emergency court order to stop the Defense Department from acting on the wall would be shot down in weeks, not months or years. Moreover, given the broad powers under military discretion, it’s more likely they would be able to begin construction immediately even while legal challenges are ongoing.
Some other news outlets are finally starting to catch wind of this. We need to get the word out to as many people as possible. Send this to politicians, journalists, and people within your circle. This is the fastest path to starting the wall. Let’s get moving.
Editor’s note: When I say we desperately need funding for this site, this is the type of story that I’m referring to in my pleas. NOQ Report has never and will never be afraid to buck the system or spread the truth when few others are willing to go there. If we had the budget, we could have spread these stories to the masses on any of the previous four occasions we wrote about it. Every $100 equates to 10,000-30,000 eyeballs on these important stories. Help us set the nation in the right direction by donating to NOQ Report.