The President is often accused by mainstream media of fabricating facts or skewing data. His speech to the nation in prime time tonight had none of that. We carefully listened and checked what he said. It was all correct.
- Growing humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border. – Confirmed.
- Out of space to hold them. – Confirmed.
- America proudly welcomes millions of lawful immigrants. – Confirmed.
- Illegal immigration is a strain to public resources. – Confirmed.
- Hardest hit are African- and Hispanic-Americans. – Confirmed.
- Our southern border is used as a pipeline for vast quantities of illegal drugs. – Confirmed.
- More Americans will die from drugs this year than the Vietnam War. – Confirmed.
- Thousands of Americans have been brutally killed by those who illegally enter our country. – Confirmed.
- The problem at the southern border is a crisis of the heart and a crisis of the soul. – Confirmed.
- Law enforcement officials have requested $5.7 billion to help them fix border security. – Confirmed.
- This is just common sense. – Confirmed.
Two important quotes emerged from his speech. The first placed him squarely on the right side of the debate, something he has failed to do properly until now.
“This is the cycle of human suffering that I am determined to end.”
I wish he would have been leading with variations of this line for the last couple of months.
His second big quote was a question that doesn’t need any commentary:
“How much more American blood must be shed before Congress does their job?”
As for the Democrats’ response, I Tweeted my thoughts.
So the Democratic rebuttal is "Mexico was supposed to pay for it" and "Trump's temper tantrum." I don't disagree that both are accurate, but what a poor attempt at rebutting. They should have just said, "Our base is lurching to the left so we need open borders to save our jobs."
— JD Rucker (@JDRucker) January 9, 2019
It’s time for the American people to put aside their bias against the President. Heck, I’m not a fan, but I support what he’s trying to do at the southern border. We need the wall, and Congress needs to step up to make it happen.
Oh, and there’s this:
They legit look like a duo of villains 😂 pic.twitter.com/ssbcjPU7uF
— Jon Miller (@MillerStream) January 9, 2019