It is axiomatic that when someone is making a mistake that you get out of the way.
For some reason the current situation suggests a scene from Star Trek VI: ‘The Undiscovered Country’ when Spock (Leonard Nimoy) declares that the Klingons are dying and Kirk (William Shatner) responds ‘Let them die!’ Of course, that’s an unfair comparison to the nation’s Left – for the Klingons. They were at least honourable, it would be difficult to say that about the Left these days.
The national socialist Left has lost the debate in the marketplace of ideas.
Recent events have seen the Left become increasingly unhinged. The web is replete with many examples – Leftists futilely banging on the doors of the Supreme Court , Fascist ‘Anti-facists’ out in the streets, trying to provoke an incident in Portland, etc. The trends are quite disturbing to say the least with, it seeming as though it’s getting worse by the day. It doesn’t help that certain politicians and media mavens are issuing statements that are ratcheting up the tension, encouraging people to confront those of us on the Pro-Liberty side of the aisle. Nor does it alleviate the stress with others of the media trying to deny the use of certain words.
The admittedly equally disturbing rumblings from the Pro-Liberty, Conservative side.
This isn’t a condemnation of the exaltations of victory after the bruising confirmation fight. Those were very understandable and well deserved. This refers to those on the right side of the spectrum who seem to be ‘itching for a fight’ as it were. Granted, the nation’s Left is clearly trying to provoke some kind of a response so they can play the victim. It’s the tried and true playbook of the Cry-Bully, something we’ve seen far too many times as of late. The point is that we cannot let them provoke us into a response that they will cynically use to claim ‘victim’ status.
Everyone on the Pro-Liberty right needs to keep several facts forefront in his or her mind.
1. The Left has the misguided idea that they have a birthright to power. Socialist dogma has it that it is supposedly ‘inevitable’, that it is the ‘Right side of history’
2. The Left is losing the argument in the marketplace of ideas. They are becoming unhinged because they are losing.
3. It is only out of desperation that they are coming out of the authoritarian closet, fully embracing their failed base ideology of socialism.
4. Their loss of the supreme court was one of the last pathways they had to carry out their socialist national agenda -–that is why they put so much into the fight and why they have lost the plot these days.
5. They are trying to provoke a violent response because they have no other choices (other than advocating freedom and supporting economic Liberty)
And most important:
6. We will win by avoiding their provocation’s. We will win by letting them LOSE.