Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told European leaders this weekend that President Trump has a peace plan for the Middle East and will be unveiling it in the coming months. He said the plan will “challenge” both the Israelis as well as the Palestinians, but it may be the only plan he’s willing to support despite concessions it will require from Israel.
Netanyahu spoke first with French President Emanuel Macron on Sunday, then went to Brussels to meet with EU foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, and with the foreign ministers from EU member states. The Prime Minister’s office has confirmed details of the meeting other than the use of the word “concessions” which they said was inserted for the sake of the European narrative.
“There might be a European interest to give a different description of the conversation,” Israeli officials said.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told French President Emanuel Macron on Sunday that he will be ready to make concessions in the context of a Trump peace plan, according to two European diplomats who were briefed on their meeting at Élysée Palace in Paris.
What we’re hearing: The European diplomats, who asked for anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter, said Macron told Netanyahu he spoke several times with Trump in the last week. Macron added that Trump told him that in a few months, he will present a peace plan that will be different from all previous Middle East peace initiatives.
It’s no secret Netanyahu has enjoyed a much better relationship with President Trump than with his predecessor. His willingness to accept challenges associated with securing peace means he has more trust in Trump than many probably realize. This all sounds like incredible news for the Middle East and the world. On a side note, students of Bible prophecy might need to take more interest in following this story if it pans out.