Connect with us

News

By Canadian mayor’s standard, Donald Trump is a terrorist, while it’s ok for Muslims to support ISIS

Published

on

In Marseille, a North African man yelled “Allahu akbar” and then used a knife to kill a 17-year-old and a 20-year-old in broad daylight outside the city’s Saint Charles train station. One woman had her throat slit and the other was stabbed in the stomach. The killer was shot dead by police.

In Edmonton, Alberta, an asylum-seeking 30-year-old Somali man was arrested for stabbing a policeman and injuring four pedestrians with his vehicle while driving at high speed. They found an ISIS flag in his vehicle, according to CBC and CTV reports.

In both cases, the respective countries’ leaders condemned the attacks. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it a “terrorist attack.” French President Emanuel Macron called it a “barbarous act.” In neither case did the leaders address the real cause of the problem. In fact, Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson said “Terrorism is about creating panic and sowing divide about disrupting people’s lives.”

“We can succumb to that or rise above it,” he added, while urging calm.

Opinion

By Iveson’s definition, Donald Trump is a terrorist. He certainly creates panic, sows divide, and disrupts lives. But let’s get to the root here. As we’ve seen in England, France, Belgium, Sweden, and Canada, importing refugees from countries where Islamic radicalism breeds is dangerous. It’s more dangerous in western pluralistic democracies where terrorism, as a tactic, is most effective. We must remember that terrorism is not an enemy or even an objective of an enemy. Terrorism is a tactic used in asymmetrical warfare.

A tactic cannot be fought, it can only be countered or neutralized. Every military and high-level intelligence agency knows this, yet the politicians continue to offer mealy-mouthed excuses.

The answer is surely to get rid of the enemy who is practicing terrorism, because their goals are the overthrow of pluralistic western democracies (including America’s, if they attain sufficient numbers here). But that’s not politically correct, so they “rise above it” and live with acceptable losses.

Perspectives

Marseille attack: Two young women stabbed to death – BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41461107Soldiers were already in the station as part of Operation Sentinelle, which sees combat troops patrol streets and protect key sites amid France’s ongoing state of emergency.

IS claimed it was behind the attack via its Amaq news outlet. The group regularly claims responsibility for militant attacks it believes are inspired by its ideology.

IS recently released a tape purportedly of leader Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi in which he urged supporters to step up attacks.

ISIS claims responsibility for Marseille train station attack; 2 women killed | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/01/man-shot-dead-at-marseilles-train-station-after-knife-attack.htmlThe claim was carried in a statement Sunday night by the ISIS-affiliated Amaq news agency. It said the attacker on Sunday was one of its “soldiers” who acted in response to the group’s calls to target countries involved in the U.S.-led coalition fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq. French security forces shot and killed the attacker.

Police sources told Sky News the attacker shouted “Allahu Akbar” as he carried out the attack at Gare St. Charles.

Somali refugee faces terror charges in Canada stabbing, car attacks | Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-attacks/somali-refugee-faces-terror-charges-in-canada-stabbing-car-attacks-idUSKCN1C61FP?il=0EDMONTON, Alberta (Reuters) – A Somali refugee who had been on a watch list over extremist views faced five counts of attempted murder and terror charges on Sunday after Canadian police said he stabbed a police officer and ran down four pedestrians with a car in Edmonton, Alberta.

The suspect, a 30-year-old man whom police did not identify, had been investigated two years ago for promoting extremist ideology but was not deemed a threat, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said.

Edmonton attack: Asylum-seeker arrested over ‘terror’ incident – BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41459237Shortly before midnight, a man driving a rented van was pulled over at a checkpoint. His name on documents was said to be “very similar” to that of the man police were searching for.

The truck then fled the scene, and was pursued by officers. Four pedestrians were struck during the chase in what police say appeared to be a deliberate action.

Reactions

Final thoughts

When innocent individuals are killed in the name of a violent strain of a major world religion, how should governments react? Are they so afraid of insulting practitioners of Islam that they cannot bring themselves to reject certain individuals who are likely to believe in killing for their religion? That’s more racist than they know–they are implying that non-violent Muslims accept and support the violent ones by assuming they’ll be insulted when a government takes action.

This is the same logic used by those who oppose President Trump’s travel bans. They call it racist, but they are really the ones painting all Muslims with a big brush. If Muslims truly condemned violent jihad, they would applaud government actions to keep those loony individuals out.

Liked it? Take a second to support NOQ Report on Patreon!
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Budget head Mulvaney picked as Trump’s next chief of staff

Published

on

Budget head Mulvaney picked as Trumps next chief of staff

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has picked budget director Mick Mulvaney to be his acting chief of staff, ending a chaotic search in which several top contenders took themselves out of the running for the job.

“Mick has done an outstanding job while in the Administration,” Trump tweeted Friday. “I look forward to working with him in this new capacity as we continue to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

Trump added that his current chief of staff, John Kelly, will be staying until the end of the year. “He is a GREAT PATRIOT and I want to personally thank him for his service!” Trump wrote.

Trump’s first pick for the job, Vice President Mike Pence’s chief of staff Nick Ayers, took himself out of the running last weekend and decided to leave the White House instead. The decision caught the president and many senior staffers by surprise, and Trump soon found that others he considered front-runners were not interested in the job.

It was not immediately clear why the president decided to make Mulvaney’s appointment temporary. One senior White House official said there was no time limit on the appointment and Mulvaney would fill the role of chief of staff indefinitely, regardless of the “acting” title.

Key to his selection: Mulvaney and the president get along and the president likes him personally. Additionally, Trump prized the former congressman’s knowledge of Capitol Hill and political instincts as the White House prepares for a Democratic-controlled House and the president’s upcoming re-election campaign.

The decision came suddenly. Trump had grown frustrated with the length of the search and the growing perception that no one of stature wanted the job, according to one person familiar with his thinking.

Mulvaney received the news before the president tweeted his announcement. They spoke face to face Friday afternoon at a meeting that was supposed to be about the budget and spoke by phone later in the evening, according to a second White House official. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the personnel matter on the record.

“This is a tremendous honor,” Mulvaney tweeted. “I look forward to working with the President and the entire team. It’s going to be a great 2019!”

Mulvaney, who will be Trump’s third chief of staff, will now take on his third job in the administration. He is head of the Office of Management and Budget, and for a time simultaneously led the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

The White House originally said Russell Vought, Mulvaney’s deputy, would be taking over at OMB. But press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Friday night that Mulvaney will not resign that job even though he “will spend all of his time devoted to his role as the acting Chief Of Staff for the President.”

Sanders said Vought “will handle day to day operations and run OMB.”

Mulvaney had signaled in recent weeks that he wasn’t interested in being chief of staff, with a person close to him telling reporters that he’d made clear that he would me more interested in taking over as secretary of the Treasury or Commerce. But the White House officials disputed reports that captured that sentiment, and said the president didn’t need to change Mulvaney’s mind.

A former tea party congressman, Mulvaney was among a faction on the hard right that pushed GOP leaders into a 2013 government shutdown confrontation by insisting on lacing a must-pass spending bill with provisions designed to cripple President Barack Obama’s signature health care law.

Trump’s pick generated little immediate reaction on Capitol Hill, where most of Mulvaney’s allies are part of the conservative House Freedom Caucus. But his knowledge of Congress and how government works is likely to be an asset in the coming months.

The appointment of the affable, fast-talking South Carolinian came just hours after another candidate for the post, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, took himself out of contention. Christie cited family reasons in a statement saying he was asking Trump to remove him from consideration. He had met with Trump on Thursday to discuss the job, according to a person familiar with the meeting who was not authorized to discuss it publicly.

Ayers, who had cited family concerns as a reason he didn’t accept the post, tweeted Friday: “The right father of triplets got the job…Congratulations @MickMulvaneyOMB!” Both men are, coincidentally, fathers of triplets.

Trump’s first chief of staff, Reince Priebus, served for six months before leaving in July 2017. Trump tweeted his choice of Kelly to replace him before he formally offered the retired four-star Marine general the job.

For some months, Kelly had success streamlining the decision-making process in the West Wing and curtailing access to the undisciplined president. But Trump grew weary of the restrictions and Kelly’s influence waned as the two men frequently clashed.

As the search dragged on after Ayers bowed out, with no backup at the ready, the void had been filled with Trump’s specialty: drama.

British journalist Piers Morgan suggested he would be a good fit in an op-ed for The Daily Mail, while former major league slugger Jose Canseco tweeted his interest to Trump. Speculation swirled around an array of Trump associates, prompting some to distance themselves from the job.

When former House Speaker Newt Gingrich visited the White House this week, he insisted it was merely to see the Christmas decorations.

The wild process was hardly a novelty for the Trump administration, which has struggled with high staff turnover and attracting top talent, but it underscored the tumult of Trump’s Washington. In past administrations, chief of staff was a sought-after job, typically awarded after a careful process. Now, many view the job as a risky proposition, given Trump’s propensity for disorder and his resistance to being managed.

Author Chris Whipple, an expert on chiefs of staff, had called the search process “sad to watch.”

“In his first two years, Trump devalued the position by failing to empower anyone to perform the job, and now he’s turned the search for a replacement into a reality show,” said Whipple, author of “The Gatekeepers,” a book on the subject. “The only thing more broken and dysfunctional than the White House itself seems to be the search for the new White House chief of staff.”

Trump on Friday disputed that notion.

“For the record, there were MANY people who wanted to be the White House Chief of Staff. Mick M will do a GREAT job!” he tweeted.

___

Associated Press writer Zeke Miller contributed to this report.

Liked it? Take a second to support NOQ Report on Patreon!
Continue Reading

Economy

J&J hammered by report it knew of asbestos in baby powder

Published

on

J&J hammered by report it knew of asbestos in baby powder

NEW YORK (AP) — Johnson & Johnson is forcefully denying a media report that it knew for decades about the existence of trace amounts of asbestos in its baby powder.

The report Friday by the Reuters news service sent company shares into a tailspin, suffering their worst sell-off in 16 years.

Reuters is citing documents released as part of a lawsuit by plaintiffs claiming that the product can be linked to ovarian cancer. The New Brunswick, New Jersey company has battled in court against such claims and on Friday called the Reuters report, “one-sided, false and inflammatory.”

Shares are down more than 9 percent, the most severe decline since 2002.

In the report, Reuters points out that documents show consulting labs as early as 1957 and 1958 found asbestos in J&J talc. Further reports by the company and outside labs showed similar findings through the early 2000s.

In its statement Friday, Johnson & Johnson said “thousands of independent tests by regulators and the world’s leading labs prove our baby powder has never contained asbestos.”

Liked it? Take a second to support NOQ Report on Patreon!
Continue Reading

Media

NOQ Report launches Patreon to save journalism

Published

on

Support NOQ Report on Patreon

Fake news is awful. It’s rampant. It didn’t start when Donald Trump became President, but now that Pandora’s fake news box has been opened, it isn’t going to be closed any time soon. The unhinged components of mainstream media are destroying the foundation of a free press by delivering reports that herd people down the wrong intellectual path.

That’s why NOQ Report was created. We want to give people the real news with truthful insights devoid of corporate spin.

To continue in our quest, we’ve launched our first Patreon page to generate the revenue we need to make the site grow and thrive. We’re now in Google News as one of the few non-leftist voices appearing on the most powerful aggregator in America. Our traffic has tripled in just over two months. Now, it’s time to take it to the next level.

We have no corporate sponsors or spammy ads polluting the site. We rely on the generosity of those who believe that America’s finest days are ahead as long as we can prevent the mainstream media from perverting that vision.

It may be too capitalistic for most leftists that a news outlet asks for the support of its viewers, but this is America. We were built on capitalism and the hard work that goes into making it work. That’s why NOQ Report needs your support.

Liked it? Take a second to support NOQ Report on Patreon!
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Twitter

Trending

Copyright © 2018 NOQ Report