“It is a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury,
~ From Shakespeare’s Macbeth
The award for nincompoop of the week goes to Nina Farnia, Rachel Lederman, Meredith Wallis, and their affiliate organization, The National Lawyers Guild (NLG), who triumphantly declared in a far too typical, vacuously-minded fashion that “We are all antifa,” in their Wednesday op-ed at the San Francisco Chronicle. “As an antiracist organization, we refuse to support white supremacists.”
So, since I am against racism and am obviously against white supremacists, then, I am Antifa?
So, that means I should be supportive of Antifa? Uh… no. I don’t think so!
Aww Hail Naw!
“Last month, thousands gathered in San Francisco and Berkeley to defeat the hatred of fascism and white supremacy,” the op-ed begins. “We believe far-right extremists have successfully twisted the right to free speech to cast themselves as victims of exactly what they strive to promote — hate and violence,” the writers claim in defiance of the fact that at least one of the organizing groups was both biracial and fervently against white supremacy (and Nazis).
Next, three darlings of the NLG (San Francisco chapter) proceeded in what can be described as euphemistic, impassioned pleas… agonizing attempts to re-edify (or, perhaps “un-edify”) the eager readers of the San Francisco Chronicle by valiantly exposing a dastardly plot being carried out by a maniacal government in cahoots with far-right scoundrels to effectively vilify the innocent, pure of heart and motive, peaceful flower children which together compose the collectively victimized group known to us as Antifa. “This campaign to recast antifa as a violent, leftist suppression of speech is a dangerous effort eerily reminiscent of the left-baiting that accompanied the Nazi rise to power.”
Lots of sound. Lots of fury. All signifying nothing.
So, you’ll have to forgive me for not shakin’ in my boots.
If you find yourself taken aback by the manipulative, biased, and nonsensical vitriol put forth by those representing an organization of American lawyers with such a seemingly upstanding and respectable name as the “National Lawyers Guild,” you are about to be served up a horse-sized “red pill.” So, go ahead and pour yourself a large glass of water… Gulp!
MOPR was the Russian-language acronym for an association (society) formed in 1922, the International Class War Prisoners Aid Society, formed by Communist International. (Yes – You can legitimately blame the Russians!) MOPR later came to be known as International Red Aid (IRA) and, once established in America (1925), was rebranded as International Labor Defense (ILD). In 1937, the ILD established the National Lawyers Guild (NLG) for the purposes of emphasizing “human rights over property rights,” with the organization’s intended purpose being the weaponizing of American law and her courts in order to force “basic change in the structure of our political and [capitalist] economic system.” Tah-dah!
The following are a few “fun facts” about the National Lawyers Guild:
- 1940, 3rd annual NLG convention: The board refused to pass/adopt an amendment which supported democracy and condemned dictatorship. (The President of the Guild at that time was also the lawyer for the Communist Party USA, CPUSA.)
- 1950 US Govt. Documentation: “…found the organization was in fact ‘an appendage of the Communist Party.’ “
- 1959 US Govt. Documentation: “Its [NLG]proclaimed ‘benevolent’ purposes were designed to lure non-Communist lawyers into the organization, where they would become subject to Communist influence and would wittingly or unwittingly serve communist objectives.”
- Rutgers: “Prominent Guild member and Rutgers University School of Law Professor Arthur Kinoy argued that the role of the radical lawyer was to facilitate the coming anti-capitalist revolution by weakening the law’s ability to function effectively against law-breaking radicals.”
- 1973: The NLG’s convention (held in Austin, TX) concluded with the singing of (I seriously couldn’t make this up if I even tired) “The Internacionale,” the Communist Anthem. (I kid you not.)
- Current President, Natasha Lycia Ora Bannan: After the death of one of history’s most repugnant, gruesome, homicidal villains – Cuba’s Castro – the current NLG President posted a message, “For those that have supported the Cuban revolution and recognize Fidel as a freedom fighter.” She goes on to oooooo and ahhhhhh over Cuba’s Marxist hell-hole as a viable option for America. She also discusses the “wonderful” ways in which the National Lawyers Guild has effectively sided with Cuba’s murderous regime over the country’s persecuted people, because of “progress” or some other load of manipulative, fallacious word manure…. Blah, blah,blah.
- The list of facts goes on and on and on and on…
Yes, this is all a pretty-darn big pill to swallow.
The people living amongst of in the words can be pretty dad-gum scary sometimes, especially when we realize – or, more specifically, when we are told – that we should support or be a part of an awful, violent, Godforsaken group like Antifa. That is not what fighting racism looks like. That is not what fighting fascism looks like. That’s just messed up!
So… he we are. All we can do it educate ourselves and, quite frankly, ignore stupid. Oh, and ignore any tale told by an idiot. At least that way we won’t be among those who are as lost as last year’s Easter eggs. So, God bless you, and good luck!