“I fancied myself as some kind of god.”
– George Soros
[This is the second part in a two-part piece. The first part, which discusses cultural-transformative "death education” in public schools can be read here. The second part focuses on programs, people, and influences behind the death education movement in higher education, and the societal ramifications of such.]
“Death education, also called education about death, dying, and bereavement, is based on the belief that death-denying, death-defying, and death-avoiding attitudes and practices in American culture can be transformed…” states an article in the Encyclopedia of Death (emphasis mine). “Death education is critical for preparing professionals to advance the field and accomplish its purposes.” For school-aged children, one of those purposes is to mold America’s children “to be less afraid of death.” Ahh! What about higher education? Are our young professionals-to-be spared? The answer is no.
Further reading in the Encyclopedia of Death reveals one of the main conductors of the death-ed movement, specifically in higher education, and exposes the movement’s nefarious underbelly; a taboo-breaking, culture-changing, social-engineering experiment on American society in order to create Utopia. “One of the stated goals,” the article reads, “of the Project on Death in America of the Open Society Institute is to ‘understand and transform the culture and experience of dying and bereavement in America” (emphasis mine). The Open Society Institute (now called Open Society Foundations) is the brain-child of George Soros, an uber-wealthy megalomaniac with Malthusian tendencies and a god-complex. It was created to advance the development of a world-wide, “open” society. In other words, the foundation serves as the means through which Soros has been meddling in (transforming) America’s culture and policies since the 1970’s.
“Choices arise which would not even have been imagined in an earlier age. Euthanasia, genetic engineering, brainwashing become problems of practical importance. The most complex human functions, such as thinking, may be broken down into their elements and artificially reproduced.”
-George Soros, “Opening the Soviet System” (describing his ideal open society)
The Project on Death in America – a time-limited social engineering project designed to get the ball (of death) rolling in America – focused on “palliative care,” which the pro-suicide lobby has now transformed from meaning pain management to meaning euthanasia. During PDIA’s public unveiling at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York (1994), Soros expressed his admiration for his mother’s choice to commit suicide, and he lamented America’s medical “culture so intent on curing disease and prolonging life…” Having identified a need for professionals willing to advocate for “end of life care,” the Project on Death in America (PDIA) funded numerous efforts through their “Faculty Scholars Program,” successfully integrating death-ed into the curriculum of numerous schools in the fields of “medical ethics, medical education, economics, geriatrics, psychiatry, critical care, neurology, paediatrics, paediatric oncology, general medicine and nursing,” in addition to the arts and humanities. These “faculty scholars” are now mentoring (indoctrinating) new generations of professionals. Transforming a culture into a “death-accepting” culture – a culture with broken morals where, for example, “withholding/withdrawing nutrition & hydration” can be seen as a perfectly acceptable form of murder – requires indoctrinating the masses.
Now, consider this for a moment… What this essentially means is that at least two generations of indoctrinaires (since the late 90’s) are now practicing professionals: they are our doctors and they are our nurses… all across our country.
In collaboration with various other foundations and grant-funding organizations, such as the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), PDIA succeeded in lobbying for palliative care to be accepted as a subspecialty of medicine. In 2006, the Council of Graduate Medical Education and the American Board of Medical Specialties recognized this new specialty, and in 2008, accreditation of training programs and certification of physicians began. Soros’s PDIA “scholars were principal investigators for many of the RWJF-funded projects” (hospicepatients.org). A single glance at the array of transformative projects that the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation has been funding is all that one needs in order to gain an understanding of the Malthusian future in store for American Society (check out this diagram).
“In fact, they view traditional American society as ‘the enemy,’ something to be manipulated and defeated so that their goals can be achieved.”
– Ron Panzer, Hospice Patients Alliance
Soros has gone on to fund numerous other suicide lobbying groups, all having disarming names. “Compassion and Choices,” for example, has been especially active in the pro-death movement. Ever-aware of societal challenges, the 2008 Compassion and Choices annual report bragged about having “successfully changed more than 200 headlines from ‘Assisted-Suicide’ to ‘Aid in Dying’ or ‘Death with Dignity’” (Capital Research Center).
The deceptive, euphemistic language, however, isn’t restricted to titles of pro-death organizations. The entire language of our discussions of such subjects has been steered by empty pleasantries of truth-concealing, linguistic propaganda. Words and phrases such as death with dignity, employed in the stead of truthful words – suicide, euthanasia, or even murder – are nothing more than lies “dressed in the language of euthanasia advocates,” as Michael Brendan Dougherty from National Review puts it (as in the case of 10 month old Charlie Gard). “The tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark,” (James 3:5).
“Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.”
– Proverbs 16:31
What exactly does euthanasia have to do with an open society? In 1984, the then Colorado Gov. said, in reference to the elderly, “You’ve got a duty to die and get out of the way… Let the other society, our kids, build a reasonable life.” Quite simply put, in the kind of open society that the many utopian central-planners envision, a right to die becomes a duty to die (more specifically, a duty to die cheaply). As the very wise Dr. Miguel A. Faria, Jr. explained in Slouching Towards a Duty to Die, “death is the ultimate and most efficient form of rationing.” “Article after article, in the medical literature have subtly and not-so-subtly extolled the virtues of utilitarian (collectivist) ethics in its various incarnations, e.g.. population-based medicine, shared ethics, futility of care, distributive ethics, and the like,” he continued. “All of these proposals seek to submerge the heretofore supremacy of the individual-based ethics of Hippocrates for a collectivist (authoritarian) ethic in which the physician is no longer beholden to his individual patients, but to the greater, collectivist good of society,” just as the physicians in Nazi Germany became active participants in the “science of killing” (Ktenology) for the good of society, for the health of the German nation, Dr. Faria explains. This is precisely the direction that George Soros and other utopian central-planners are steering us; toward repetition of the Nuremburg war crimes, but on a global scale.
Think this is just hyperbole? Let’s examine a few examples:
- The Netherlands [Jane Doe (info kept private)]This year, a Dutch court cleared a doctor of wrongdoing in the case of an elderly woman living in a nursing home who “fought desperately in an attempt not to be killed.” Facing resistance from the victim, the doctor drugged her coffee. Still, when the doctor attempted to administer the lethal injection, the victim resisted. The doctor then solicited the help of family members in holding the victim down. You can’t make this stuff up! The Netherlands is a good example of the slippery slope from euthanasia to legalized state-sanctioned murder. For example, in 1990, 4,941 people were euthanized without their consent!
- United Kingdom [Charlie Guard, Age 10 months]A terminally ill infant was, essentially, sentenced to death by the Europe’s Human Rights Court. Charlie’s parents sought to transfer Charlie to a hospital here in America for an experimental treatment that has helped some patients with Charlie’s type of condition, though not as severe. Instead, the court ordered Charlie’s life support (ventilator) be disconnected. The utilitarian outlook that has taken over in Britain, with its National Health Services, is evident in a piece published by The Independent in which the author briefly acknowledges the secular, Utilitarian argument for terminating life-sustaining care, stating “Other very sick children with a better chance of life, it might have been argued, had a greater claim to a finite and expensive resource.” Charlie’s parents, through private citizen donations, have raised all of the necessary funds in order to pay for Charlie’s transfer and experimental treatment, without needing public funds. Nevertheless, the courts have declared that Charlie must die.
- United Kingdom [Patrick Pullicino]Dr. Pullicino has cited a lack of clear guidelines for placing patients on the “Liverpool Care Pathway” (LCP) – the creepy name for a program for terminally ill patients – as leading to the premature placement of thousands of elderly people onto the LCP… in what amounts to a death sentence. Pulllicino cited pressure on the number of beds as one reason for the thousands of premature LCP placements. Sadly, the elderly aren’t the only victims of NHS rationing.
- Reno, Nevada [Brian Callister]Callously taking the lead from Britain’s NHS, several American insurance companies have stopped paying for some life-saving, curative procedures. While they won’t pay for you to be cured, they will pay for you to kill yourself, as Dr. Brian Callister was shocked to find out. He had attempted to transfer two of his patients to other states to undergo life-saving medical procedure. However, since those states (California & Oregon) allow doctor-assisted suicide, the insurance companies decided death was easier on the companies’ pocket books. Let this serve as a reminder that there is a very big difference between health insurance and health care.
- Oregon [Nora Harris]Nora was diagnosed in 2009, with early onset Alzheimer’s at age 56. Mentally incompetent, but fully conscious, Nora needed to be spoon-fed. While Mrs. Harris has filed paperwork indicating she did not wish to receive a feeding tube, but she did not ask to be starved and deprived water while still capable of eating and drinking. A failed lawsuit by her husband Bill – which attempted to force Nora’s care facility to deprive her of food and water – prompted the creation of a legislative bill that just recently passed in Oregon’s Senate. The bill essentially removes the legal safeguard’s that prohibit medical representatives from ending the life of mentally-incompetent, non-dying, conscious adults.
- California [Stephanie Packer, Age 33]Diagnosed with scleroderma, a chronic autoimmune disease that causes scar tissue to form in her lungs, at the age of 29, the married mother has already outlived the 3 years her doctor expected her to. Stephanie is, unfortunately, finding little to no support for her hard fight to stay alive and with four children (aged 7-13). “In June [2her home state of California enacted a law permitting doctor-assisted suicide. And something terrible happened. Premature passing away with medical help is now widely seen as preferable to painful, prolonged living, Packer says. But she’ll fight to live with every last labored gasp drawn from her oxygen tube before ultimately accepting a natural end.”
“I have to concentrate on what goes on in America. The fight for an open society now has to be fought there.”
– George Soros, 2003
To turn our eyes away, to ignore crimes against our nation’s morality would be a travesty. James Madison said, “Conscience is the most sacred of all property.” What is happening to American society is nothing less than theft – the theft of our conscience through so-called death education. Thieves come only to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10). To steal the God-given, blood-earned conscience of America is to steal freedom’s last safe place in this world. With the efforts of those who seek to continue the acidic erosion of America’s conscience steadily increasing, we must be vigilant to guard our hearts. Hold your conscience close, guarding it from those who seek to destroy our culture. Talk with your children about what they are learning in school. And, most importantly, never allow yourself to forget the value of each and every human life. America, and her cultural conscience must never be stolen. Guard her and keep her safe. As Samuel Adams said…
“Driven from every other corner of the earth, freedom of thought and the right of private judgment in matters of conscience direct their course to this happy country as their last asylum” (Samuel Adams, Speech on August 1, 1776).
Resources for further of this topic are listed below.
Stealth Euthenasia: Health Care Tyranny in America, Hospice Patients Alliance: http://www.hospicepatients.org/this-thing-called-hospice.html
Hospice Patients Alliance: http://www.hospicepatients.org/index.html
Panel clears Dutch doctor who asked family to hold patient down as she carried out euthanasia procedure, The Telegraph: https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/28/panel-clears-dutch-doctor-asked-family-hold-patient-carried/amp/
Right to Die Can Become Duty to Die, the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/4736927/Right-to-die-can-become-a-duty-to-die.html
Doctor: Insurance Wouldn’t Pay for Patients’ Treatments, but Offered Assisted Suicide, Daily Signal: http://dailysignal.com/2017/06/28/doctor-says-health-insurance-wouldnt-pay-for-patients-treatments-but-offered-assisted-suicide-instead/
Encyclopedia of Death: http://www.deathreference.com/Da-Em/Death-Education.html#ixzz4j3p6FPUU
NHS rationing ‘is denying patients care’ as cash crisis deepens, The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/08/nhs-rationing-denying-patients-care-cash-crisis-survery-doctors
Oregon Senate votes to allow dementia patients to be starved to death, Lifesitenews.com: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/oregon-senate-passes-bill-allowing-dementia-mentally-ill-patients-to-be-sta
Top doctor’s chilling claim: The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year, Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2161869/Top-doctors-chilling-claim-The-NHS-kills-130-000-elderly-patients-year.html
The Instincts of Charlie Gard’s Parents Should Echo in the Courts, the Independent:
The Vatican’s Statement on the Charlie Gard Case Is a Disgrace, National Review: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449159/vatican-charlie-gard-statement-catholic-church-family-life-euthanasia
Terminally ill mom denied treatment coverage — but gets suicide drug approved, New York Post: http://nypost.com/2016/10/24/terminally-ill-mom-denied-treatment-coverage-but-gets-suicide-drugs-approved/
Thousands in Netherlands Die Without Consent Since Euthanasia OK, LifeNews.com: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/07/04/thousands-in-netherlands-die-without-consent-since-euthanasia-ok/
Gov. Lamm Asserts Elderly, If Very Ill, Have ‘Duty To Die’, New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/1984/03/29/us/gov-lamm-asserts-elderly-if-very-ill-have-duty-to-die.html
Slouching Towards a Duty to Die: http://www.drmiguelfaria.com/medicalsentinel/slouching-towards-duty-die
The Duty to Die Cheaply: http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-duty-to-die-cheaply/article/441526
Anne McTavish Neatherlands’ Euthenasia Stats are Appauling: http://theprovince.com/opinion/anne-mctavish-netherlands-euthanasia-stats-are-appalling
Oregon Bill Would Allow Starvation of Alzheimer’s Patients, Could Set Up Death Panels https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/02/08/oregon-bill-would-allow-starvation-of-alzheimers-patients-could-set-up-death-panels/\
George Soros, Godfather of the Left Gives $550 Million to Liberal Causes: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/14/george-soros-godfather-left-gives-550-million-to-liberal-causes.html
Op-Ed: Selling suicide with George Soros’ money: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op-ed-selling-suicide-with-george-soros-money/article/2526283
Against a duty to die, AMA Journal of Ethics: http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/2014/05/oped1-1405.html
The Project on Death In America: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1282198/
Is there a duty to die?: http://web.utk.edu/~jhardwig/dutydie.htm
Approaching Death: https://www.nap.edu/read/5801/chapter/1#xiii
AUTHOR Bennett^ Roger V,
TITLE Death and the Curriculum,
PDB DATE Apr 74
NOTE 18p,; Paper presented at the American Educational
Eesearch Association Meeting (Chicago^ April 15-19 1974)
Rand Paul reminds us that Hitler was a socialist
President Trump retweets hint about his next DHS Chief
Remember the outrage when CNN and Democrats invoked ‘lynching’? Me neither.
Ted Cruz utterly obliterates Democrats’ argument for sanctuary cities
Chuck Grassley believes Deep State will ‘deep six’ the OIG’s FISA report. He may be right.
Rand Paul reminds us that Hitler was a socialist
Will Ricciardella: Pete Buttigieg is trying to replace Joe Biden in the moderate lane
Fake news isn’t new. It has evolved (and is still evolving rapidly).
DOJ arrests hundreds in take down of Darknet child exploitation site
Laugh break: Watch Joe Biden’s ‘Bad Lip Reading’
Newt Gingrich calls out Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff
Charlie Daniels tells Beto O’Rourke to bring bandaids
Charlie Kirk tells Lebron James exactly how he (and many of us) feels
William Barr nails the secular upheaval of Judeo-Christian morals
Ted Cruz blasts NBA for pandering to Communist China
Conspiracy Theory2 days ago
Yes, William Barr is going to bust the ‘Deep State’ soon
Culture and Religion20 hours ago
Rachel McKinnon and the death of women’s sports
News for Patriots3 days ago
The Epoch Times: How the anti-communist newspaper became an American necessity
Foreign Affairs19 hours ago
Heart of darkness of island society
Culture and Religion18 hours ago
Neither a 7-year-old nor his parents should be making ‘gender transition’ decisions
Guns and Crime9 hours ago
Ted Cruz utterly obliterates Democrats’ argument for sanctuary cities
Conspiracy Theory24 hours ago
Dear Lindsey Graham: Subpoena Spygate conspirators or step aside
Media2 days ago
Leftist Drudge Report hops on Mitt Romney impeachment train