Connect with us

Everything

Donald Trump’s angry mob of haters strike again

Published

on

I live in the South, I work in the South as a journalist, and I have seen with my own eyes the effect of Donald Trump on the South. No one needs to tell me about “reality.” I live it every day of my life in this part of the country. When I drive past a pickup truck with a Trump sticker in the rear window here in rural South Carolina, the driver looks angry and stupid. Sorry if it offends you, ladies and gentlemen, but Donald Trump did give the alt-right Nazis a backbone. His “movement” of hatred and anger put peoples’ darkest thoughts and emotions on steroids. Anyone who lives in the South and tries to deny this is either unintelligent or being willfully stupid.

Dark comedy

I feel as if I must have inadvertently wandered into a comedy skit today. People from both sides of the aisle are expecting Donald Trump to condemn the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend– as well as the behavior of counter protesters, which was just as bad –and call out white supremacist Nazis for their foul and unconscionable behavior. I suppose my question is, why would Trump do that?

A campaign run on hate

Last year, Donald Trump ran a campaign on anger, hate, bigotry and lies. He was evidently under the impression that the debates were merely an opportunity to take the spotlight and hurl out insults as fast as his lying lips could move. Sadly, these actions earned him the presidency. Shame on you, America.

The majority of his energy and focus was to attack and insult other candidates, even those polling at one percent, merely because they were easy targets: bullies do not generally pass up easy targets. He offered absolutely nothing in the way of an agenda other than hate speech against minorities and women and generalized statements about how wonderful he is and how everyone “better treat him fairly.” He also threw in a lot of statements about how he would win “bigly” in November, apparently to showcase his grasp of the English language, and how he would force Mexico to pay for a wall.

His character should not have appealed to anyone with an IQ higher than that of a small turnip .

At one rally, he cried out “punch that guy, I’ll pay the bill.” Is this the person we expect to strongly condemn violence? He condoned violence at a rally in front of thousands, so why would he recognize it as a character flaw in others? Perhaps that’s why he came off so flat and dry when reading the sentences he was given the other day.

Donald Trump’s focus

Donald Trump is concerned with Donald Trump, not with the welfare American citizens. He is a politically illiterate incompetent bully who, when asked to reveal his biggest weakness, proudly said “I hold a grudge.” Although this was laughed off by those who had already taken a long drink from the koolaid well, there are now people who have experienced firsthand that the narcissist was actually telling the truth for a change when he made that statement. I wonder what Mr. Priebus and other individuals who sold their souls are thinking right now?

Donald Trump is a dangerously self absorbed, foulmouthed, reality show has-been who is nothing more than an extreme liability to the United States of America. In my humble opinion, people who expect Trump to give a speech from the heart condemning the violence and racism displayed in Charlottesville are almost as dumb as their Fuhrer.

Continue Reading
19 Comments

19 Comments

1. The Real Valerie M. (@TheRealValerieM)

August 14, 2017 at 11:25 am

Finally someone tells THIS side of it. THANK YOU!

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:01 pm

And I am not about to stop. Thanks, Valerie

2. Greg Legakis

August 14, 2017 at 11:33 am

He said “Big league” not “bigly.” it’s a New York-ism

3. Greg Legakis

August 14, 2017 at 11:36 am

I didn’t vote for the guy either, nor did I vote for Hilarity, but I think your piece is a tad hypebolic.

4. Jean Cooper

August 14, 2017 at 11:41 am

Great piece. I’m surprised it’s not buried on the back page.

5. Raphaela Verano (@Raphaela2017)

August 14, 2017 at 11:44 am

Do you ever notice how people who jump in to defend Trump always start out by saying “I didn’t vote for Trump BUT….” This is hard truth and needs to be told. Trump ABSOLUTELY encouraged this, Trump ABSOLUTELY put this on steroids, and Trump’s movement of hatred and anger ABSOLUTELY pushed the alt-right nazi movement foreward

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the support. I am expecting a lot of hate over this. (and you KNOW how much I care about that! LOL)

6. Danny Lamar (@4liberty7777)

August 14, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Great article..straight truth is what we need and once again you delivered it! Anyone who says that hate violence and during the election tells people to hit someone and they will pay the bill are hypocrites! Keep it coming Jesse…good stuff!

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Thank you Danny. Another fellow New Yorker. Hope all is well up there. And to think I came down here to get away from nasty. LOL. You may as well stay put. :0

7. Sharon

August 14, 2017 at 1:21 pm

This was an incredible article. Jesse took a grim and horrific subject, flavored it with her unique humor here and there throughout the piece (e.i.,”His character should not have appealed to anyone with an IQ higher than that of a turnip”) and once again caught and held my attention. I am not easy to impress. There are many writers out there whose work is average and above average, but few who are IMPRESSIVE. I admit, I laughed out loud at the turnip IQ sentence. And after laughing, continued reading. In seems that Jesse allows the reader moments of amusement before shifting back to serious topics. Why would Americans expect Trump to STOP violence, bigotry and hate when his campaign was run on these same foul emotions? Well, Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. And in that case, I do believe that Trump supporters need asylum–in clean, decent facilities for sick minds. Jesse, I have been to the South, and although the North has its pockets of madness, I concur with you that the farther South one goes, the worse it gets. Thank you, for another impressive piece which you were obviously not afraid to write.

• Jesse Broadt

August 14, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Thank you, Sharon. It just never ceases to amaze me how many supposed “never Trumpers” rush to this man’s defense while stating they don’t like him, didn’t vote for him and don’t approve of him, etc. They need to cut the cord with the corrupt party and get on, get off, or get out of the way of true conservatives. Many parts of the south are a pleasure to live in, but a high percentage are low-education masses that apparently are as politically illiterate as trump himself and therefore do not see the danger he poses to this country. All the people, Right or Left in Charlottesville are responsible for their own actions, and Trump could not MAKE them do anything, but he is like the passerby who sees someone about to jump from a bridge and commit suicide and yells “do it!” There IS responsibility. Under pressure from WH staff he makes better statements as he goes along, but they fool no one who remembers his campaign of hate and anger. Leopards don’t change their spots. Thanks for your continued support. I am getting a lot of hate messages over this one. LOL

8. Susan Hauck

August 14, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Wow! Jesse, you go gal! This was such a great read. This is the kind of thing the public needs to read. Jesse doesn’t spin it! She shows the creep Trump up for what he really is! A creep!

• Jesse Broadt

August 15, 2017 at 5:35 am

Thank you Susan. I’ve been getting a lot of heat for this article from people telling me I am blaming Donald Trump for other peoples’ behavior, which of course I am not. But he DID create an ideal climate for this type of behavior. Glad this article spoke to you and thank you for commenting!

9. Michael (@AgainstTrump99)

August 15, 2017 at 8:01 am

Truth, truth and more truth so help you God! LOVE it, Jesse. And no one thinks you are excusing the left. You brought out a truth about how badly the RIGHT is now being hijacked by insanity. The left being evil does not make unconscionable behavior of the right ok. LOVE THIS

10. Raz Schultz

August 16, 2017 at 9:07 am

This is without a doubt the best, most accurate description of Trump I ever read. We expected the violence and hatred that divides the USA to escalate with the start he gave it in his campaign. And yes, Greg Legakis, Trump most certainly said “bigly,” more than once. I heard it and the reporters heard it, commented, and laughed about it. Jesse Broadt always has her facts straight. I have read her articles for years and she’s the best! Good work, Jesse, and you’re right – Americans who voted for this incompetent, hate filled lunatic should be VERY ashamed! .

11. Jesse Broadt

August 16, 2017 at 10:16 am

I know you, Raz! You call into the radio show sometimes. I have to tell Randy you found me here! Thank you SO much for that. All the comments I got here were great but this one was extra special. It gives me the motivation to go on!

12. Catalina Hererra

August 16, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I really DON’T want my comment taken out on Jesse! Just because we hang out at the same cafe does not mean we are siamese twins! This is MY opinion and MY opinion alone: I never would have thought that TNA would publish something like this b/c it seemed all they cared about was focusing on how bad the left behaved when they counter protested and nothing about the Nazis. The fact that this is published and not censored off makes me like TNA and the Federalist party a lot more! hats off to you Jesse, as they say.

• Jesse Broadt

August 16, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Don’t worry about that, Cat. No one at TNA thinks that and you are entitled to your opinion! I’m glad you are seeing the great things about both the Federalist Party and The New Americana. Thank you for the support!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment and Sports

LeVar Burton is being attacked by people thinking he’s LaVar Ball. Brent Spiner’s response is hilarious.

Published

on

LeVar Burton is being attacked by people thinking hes LaVar Ball Brent Spiners response is hilarious

LaVar Ball wasn’t impressed with President Trump’s efforts to get his son released from a Chinese prison for shoplifting. His reactions have prompted many Trump supporters to go after him as ungracious, hypocritical, and much worse.

Unfortunately, many of these attacks are being directed towards actor LeVar Burton. The Reading Rainbow host who rose to prominence after Roots and solidified his status as a Hollywood icon while playing Geordi La Forge on Star Trek: The Next Generation has a name similar to Ball’s and is also black. Responses to the attacks from other Twitter users has been brutal, but Burton has remained calm. His lone response:

Former colleague Brent Spiner, who played Data on ST:TNG, offered some advice to his friend.

“If you cared about our President, you’d change your name.”

I don’t normally applaud when leftist Hollywood gets political, but this one was too good to pass.

Source: Twitter

Continue Reading

Guns and Crime

Michael Flynn’s lawyers break contact with White House lawyers

Published

on

Michael Flynns lawyers break contact with White House lawyers

The legal team for former White House National Security Adviser Michael Flynn have stopped sharing information about special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian tampering in the 2016 election. This could be a blow for the President and some who are close to him if information gleaned from Flynn points to the Trump campaign, his transition team, or his administration itself.

The NY Times is reporting that four anonymous sources have said the agreement between the two legal teams has been ended from Flynn’s side. It is normal for teams with parallel interests to share information, but when there becomes a conflict of interest, any such sharing is halted. This leaves two likely possibilities: either Flynn is negotiating a deal to cooperate with the investigation or they’re cooperating already.

If it’s the former, there’s a chance the information sharing could be renewed if no deal is struck

Flynn is at the heart of the investigation. It was his actions and the White House’s reactions before and after he resigned that prompted the investigation in the first place. Flynn had lied on more than one occasions about financial interactions he’d had with Russian and Turkish interests. This made him vulnerable to blackmail, according to former acting attorney general Sally Q. Yates. After Flynn resigned, the President had a one-on-one meeting with then-FBI Director James Comey and allegedly asked him to stop pursuing Flynn. Comey was fired by the President, then leaked a memo detailing the meeting regarding Flynn.

Outcry from many in DC and in the media prompted Mueller’s appointment. Since then, he charged Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, and George Papadopoulos. Charging or cutting a deal with Flynn would likely be the step prior to pursuing people directly associated with the President.

Further Reading

Flynn moving to cooperate with Mueller in Russia probe: report | TheHill

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/361687-flynn-moving-to-cooperate-with-mueller-in-russia-probe-reportThe report comes after NBC News on Wednesday reported that Mueller is looking to question Bijan Kian, an associate of Flynn. Previous reports have suggested that the special counsel already has enough evidence to indict Flynn and his son, who also worked for Trump’s campaign.

Trump’s legal team has insisted recently that Mueller’s probe will end in the coming months, though legal experts have said the investigation is likely to drag on.

Continue Reading

News

After nearly 4 decades of crimes against his people, Robert Mugabe granted immunity, military protection

Published

on

After nearly 4 decades of crimes against his people Robert Mugabe granted immunity military protecti

In what may be the best deal ever struck by a dictator forcibly removed by the military and despised by a majority of his people, Zimbabwe’s former president Robert Mugabe has been granted full immunity, a “generous pension,” and military protection so he can stay in his country without fear that any of the millions of people he persecuted will be able to seek their vengeance.

Zimbabwe grants Robert Mugabe immunity from prosecution

Mugabe, who ruled Zimbabwe with an iron fist for 37 years, resigned on Tuesday, hours after parliament launched proceedings to impeach him. He had refused to leave office during eight days of uncertainty that began with a military takeover.

Emmerson Mnangagwa, the former vice-president sacked by Mugabe this month, is to be sworn in as president on Friday.

My Take

Despite complaints from the people, this is the smart move. If they allow him to leave, they have no control over him or the influence that he continues to wield at home and abroad. If they jail him, kill him, or otherwise make him face prosecution, he would be at best a distraction and at worst a martyr. This move allows them to move forward the fastest which is what former Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa and his military allies want.

Continue Reading